The Punisher: No Mercy

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
The Punisher: No Mercy To Be Unleashed On The Playstation Network
by Jay Cochran in Marvel at 01:09 PM on 2008.09.24

ZEN Studios, a videogame developer and digital publisher known for its innovative arcade and action games, announced today that it has secured licensing rights for the Punisher from Marvel Entertainment. The studio is currently developing The Punisher: No Mercy, the first ever arena-based first-person shooter created exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®Network.

Powered by Unreal Engine 3, No Mercy was designed with fast-paced online multiplayer FPS action in mind. With inspiration rooted in the Punisher's rich comic book history, the game allows players to choose from an eclectic mix of Punisher allies and villains. Battle arenas span from shipyards rife with contraband to the "birthplace" of the Punisher's archenemy, Jigsaw, and up to eight players can blast away at each other in a variety of solo and team-based missions.

"The ZEN developers are huge Marvel fans, and the Punisher is certainly one of our favorite characters," said Zsolt Kigyossy, CEO of ZEN Studios. "With No Mercy, we're creating gameplay unlike anything else found on PSN. This includes unique features like character-specific taunts, many of which were pulled directly from the comics."

In addition to exceptional online play, No Mercy also offers a single-player Story mode featuring exclusive artwork from acclaimed Marvel artist Mike Deodato. Fans won't want to miss the Punisher's Marvel team-up with Silver Sable against such foes as Jigsaw, Barracuda and Bushwacker.

The Punisher: No Mercy is currently Rating Pending, but is expected to be rated Mature by the ESRB for a true Punisher experience. For more information, please visit www.punishernomercy.com.

This should be pretty damn cool

pics

Last edited:
a bit more info this time from ign.com

Set to run on the Unreal Engine, No Mercy will include "dark, smoky / hazy levels with realistic characters and environments, but we're still keeping several comic pages impressions that truly capture the essence of what fans have come to expect from the Punisher franchise" according to the post. A trailer is coming soon, there is going to be a single-player mode, and Trophies will be supported.

There's even going to be character customization.

"Players can select special abilities before the battle that can give you tactical benefits on the field if you exploit them cleverly," Zsolt said.

The game will pack close quarters, long range, and special weapons; run at 30 frames a second, and hopefully be les

, Sounds pretty cool. I admit I'm not a big Punisher comic fan. I don't really know who Jigsaw, Barracuda and Bushwacker are :lol::oops: but I do like the movie and the times he was in spider-man. Plus the game does look damn pretty cool and with online multiplayer this seems perfect for everyone here to fight each other

a bit more info this time from ign.com

, Sounds pretty cool. I admit I'm not a big Punisher comic fan. I don't really know who Jigsaw, Barracuda and Bushwacker are :lol::oops: but I do like the movie and the times he was in spider-man. Plus the game does look damn pretty cool and with online multiplayer this seems perfect for everyone here to fight each other

:shock::noway:

new Q&A

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/t...&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

some highlights for people who don't want to read a big page

GS: Which villains and allies will be playable, and what are the strengths and weaknesses of each?

ZK: There are eight playable characters in the game, and each of them arrives with a favorite weapon set and special abilities. Some characters include the Punisher, Silver Sable, Barracuda, Jigsaw, and Bushwacker. Before each map, the player can choose one or two special abilities for his or her character, called "mods." These mods have both advantages and disadvantages, so one must carefully consider which one to use. This system allows the player to customize the game experience and adapt it to his or her own play style.

GS: Break down the different mission types and game modes in The Punisher: No Mercy.

ZK: There are several game modes in both single- and multiplayer. The story mode in single-player is essentially a ladder of four matches on different maps and with different game types. The matches progressively get harder until a climactic confrontation with Jigsaw at the end. The heart of the game, however, is the multiplayer experience. The Punisher: No Mercy has several multiplayer game modes such as classic deathmatch, one-vs-many, and co-op. Up to eight players can play in an arena.

GS: Are you planning to tell the story in single-player mode through comic book-inspired still screens, or voice-acted cutscenes?

ZK: The story is presented on comic book pages, but not only the good old stills, but ones with special effects and voice-acted storytelling.

^ I like that idea of comic book pages

It comes out this week.

It seems to have alot of Garth's characters in it.

I bought this today. I love this game. The controls feel so comfortable. The look works well and it seems to be pretty fun. Worth the price completely. Sure single player is very short but the game was designed for online matches. I love the comic panel introductions was also pleasantly surprised to see Silver Sable in it and playable online!

EH, it's good mindless fun for cheap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back