Avengers The Purple Man.

Friday

Well, that was a hell of an ending to an issue.

I've gotta say, I love the Purple Man as a villian. Not evil, just amazingly self absorbed. Of course when your ability is that everyone does whatever you want how can you not be. There's what, 2 non-artifical characters that can resist him (DD and Doom)?

we must discuss the renisance of this classic foe.

Well, I know nothing of him, save his powers. So has he always been purple, or was that caused by a freak accident or something?

Purple Man
First Apperence: Daredevil Vol. 1 #4 (1964)
Most Recent Apperence: New Thunderbolts #3 (Events occur subsequent to breakout in New Avengers; 2005)
Abilities: Control others via pheromone emission; recover from severe injuries via death-like state
Height: 5'11" Weight: 165 lbs. Eyes: Purple; originally brown Hair: Purple; originally brown
History: A communist spy from Yugoslavia, Killgrave was mutated be an experimental nerve gas and rapidly capitalized on his ability to control others, unknowingly fathering Kara (Persuasion) during an early exploit. Clashing repeatly with Daredevil, he also enslaved Jewel (Jessica Jones) for months and was nearly killed while a pawn in Dr. Doom's world-conquring plot.

From New Avengers #1 (Director's Cut)

Ultimate Warrior said:
Purple Man
First Apperence: Daredevil Vol. 1 #4 (1964)
Most Recent Apperence: New Thunderbolts #3 (Events occur subsequent to breakout in New Avengers; 2005)
Abilities: Control others via pheromone emission; recover from severe injuries via death-like state
Height: 5'11" Weight: 165 lbs. Eyes: Purple; originally brown Hair: Purple; originally brown
History: A communist spy from Yugoslavia, Killgrave was mutated be an experimental nerve gas and rapidly capitalized on his ability to control others, unknowingly fathering Kara (Persuasion) during an early exploit. Clashing repeatly with Daredevil, he also enslaved Jewel (Jessica Jones) for months and was nearly killed while a pawn in Dr. Doom's world-conquring plot.

From New Avengers #1 (Director's Cut)
Dude, thanks a lot. Now I know more about him. The only other time I read anything with him in it, was in the "WHAT IF: Jessica Jones had become an Avenger?".

Hey, is that why Luke was staring at him in #1 of NA? Because Luke had a relationship with Jessica Jones? I don't read Pulse or anything with her, sorry. :(

I loved him in Emperor Doom man, though I don't remember him almost diyin. Guess it's time to re-read that bad boy.

With his powers he can pretty much get away with anything though, he just needs to tell people to screw off, and hope he isn't taken too literaly.

Haven't read too much on Purple Man. I've only read DD # 4 And MTU Annual # 4 [?]. But aside from Dr. Doom, the vilain Kingpin has also been able to withstand Purple Man' Purple powers. Too bad Purple Man can be stopped by earplugs or a well-placed sheet. Hmph.

purpleman.gif

Latest posts

Back