The Quentin Tarantino Thread

Kill Bill was just like a "project" of his....But Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, those are great films.

Last edited:
Kill Bill was just like a "project" of his....But Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, those are great films.

This might be fact but to be honest, I don't care whether Tarantino's films are considered "great" or not. I like the effort and style he puts into them. All of his films are homages to all of the films and genres he loves - and they make me love movies as well.

So I'm fine if some of his movies are just "projects"... they're fun and entertaining and I like them just as much.

I don't think I could sit through Jackie Brown another time. I find it intensely boring. I've seen it twice and both times I wanted to leave the room and do something else.

I could watch Pulp Fiction every day, though.

I still haven't seen either of the Bills.

I think Jackie Brown is a great movie but it lacks the originality and unique style that his other movies have, and that is why I shall always rank it lower than any of his movies, and maybe even Death Proof. I would have to see it again to analyse it though.

Inglourious Basterds gets a thumbs up from me, whatever that's worth. I'm probably biased since Tarantino's my favourite director and I like all his stuff, but chances are if you liked his previous movies you'll like this too.

Saw the movie today. Thought it was great.

I think the craziest part was when Hitler was being killed, they just kept shooting him in the face! That looked so crazy, haha.
:lol:

Also, when the Basterds were taking the scalps, I had to stop eating my popcorn, heh. Still, it was awesome and enjoyed it all. It sure wasn't like any other WWII film as Tarantino had stated.

"Nein, nein, nein, nein!!"

Last edited:
I think the craziest part was when Hitler was being killed, they just kept shooting him in the face! That looked so crazy, haha.

Tarantino is changing history with his films!

I'll be seeing this tonight. It better be as good as everyone says it is.

I thought this Inglorious Bastards was going to SUCK.

But I actually enjoyed it. Almost entirely due to Brad Pitt's character who cracked me up.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Tarantino is overrated and hasn't lived up to the kind of standards he set with his first two movies? Like, his only two GREAT movies are Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Kill Bill gets too much credit.

I completely agree. I really don't understand the Kill Bill devotion. They're good revenge flicks, but not what some people seem to think they are. Still, I'm really pulling for Basterds. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow.

BASTERDS was ok. Really weird though. I heard someone say that it was QT's best movie since PULP FICTION, which I think is ridiculous. BASTERDS was probably around as good as Kill Bill. I liked the Western feel to the movie. There were a lot of interesting looking people. Brad Pitt was awesome, and hilarious. The Italian accent part was the best. Hans Landa was such a douchebag of a villain. A great villain, because you love to hate him. One problem I had was that you didn't really get to see that much of the individual Basterds. Like, Eli Roth as the Bear Jew only had a few badass scenes. My other complaint doesn't really have to do with the quality of the film, more like my opinion I guess - I thought Jews were portrayed as kind of "evil" (ironically). Like, even when Shosanna's video rolls at the end, she's laughing maniacally and gets illuminated by flames. Maybe the message of the film is that revenge will corrupt your soul. But it's just, even though Nazis were portrayed in a negative light in this movie, Jews weren't really portrayed in a positive light. Like the whole movie is about revenge, only unlike KILL BILL I wasn't rooting for the hero as much. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind;" retribution only brings more retribution, y'know? You've got Nazis whipping Jews and Jews scalping Nazis - Everyone in this movie seemed to be pretty "evil."

I think it might be my favorite film by him. I want a huge Bluray releases with **** loads of all the unused scenes.

I just noticed something awesome. Did you notice that he uses Ennio Morricone's "Il Mercenario" in both this and Kill Bill Vol. II?

Last edited:
BASTERDS was ok. Really weird though. I heard someone say that it was QT's best movie since PULP FICTION, which I think is ridiculous. BASTERDS was probably around as good as Kill Bill. I liked the Western feel to the movie. There were a lot of interesting looking people. Brad Pitt was awesome, and hilarious. The Italian accent part was the best. Hans Landa was such a douchebag of a villain. A great villain, because you love to hate him. One problem I had was that you didn't really get to see that much of the individual Basterds. Like, Eli Roth as the Bear Jew only had a few badass scenes. My other complaint doesn't really have to do with the quality of the film, more like my opinion I guess - I thought Jews were portrayed as kind of "evil" (ironically). Like, even when Shosanna's video rolls at the end, she's laughing maniacally and gets illuminated by flames. Maybe the message of the film is that revenge will corrupt your soul. But it's just, even though Nazis were portrayed in a negative light in this movie, Jews weren't really portrayed in a positive light. Like the whole movie is about revenge, only unlike KILL BILL I wasn't rooting for the hero as much. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind;" retribution only brings more retribution, y'know? You've got Nazis whipping Jews and Jews scalping Nazis - Everyone in this movie seemed to be pretty "evil."

You gotta understand though, that everyone involved in a war is evil in someones' eyes, you know? To what degree varies but you're right; hate breeds more hate. Just remember it's a movie and don't let that affect your opinion of it too much. And it's Eli Roth. You can't have that guy involved without some ****ed up **** going on.

Also, Donny Donowitz the Bear Jew is the father of Lee Donowitz, the movie producer from True Romance.

You gotta understand though, that everyone involved in a war is evil in someones' eyes, you know? To what degree varies but you're right; hate breeds more hate.

Yeah. I think Tarantino actually was trying to send a message here, because Shosanna does completely evil things just to get her revenge. The Nazis got what was comin' to 'em, but then, so did Shosanna (now I can't stop talkin' like Aldo Raine).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a big Tarantino fan, but I just got back from INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS.

Which I ****ing loved.

It was so wonderfully entertaining. I love it when, halfway through, a movie will introduce a new character, whom you LOVE
Wilcox
, hands the movie over to them, let's them carry a large chunk of the story and then
kills them. There was a whole movie in those three basterds, and it was so much fun.

And I hate historical accuracy. I love authenticity - which is what Eastwoods calls making sure it FEELS like the time period without being a slave to that period. This film has that in spades. It plays up the love of World War 2 as romantic fiction (I mean romantic in the imaginative sense, not the love sense) and as such, everyone is a wonderful archetypal charicature. What I mean is; the chief villains of the movie are Hitler, Goebbles, and Landa. And they are all larger than life in the right way. And the Basterds are too. Not only that, but the Nazis are all terrific. And Landa, in particular, is so damned good. He deservedly got the Best Actor award at Cannes and I hope he gets an Oscar. He was brilliant.

So, I'm very happy with this here movie.

And I want me some scalps.

2007 - Anton Chigurh
2008 - The Joker
2009 - Hans Landa

Hans Landa is 2009's villain of the year, correct?

Latest posts

Back