The real-life Tunguska Event

So, I've decided that the Tunguska Event is too oversaturated in fiction.

I need to find a new real life Event to exploit.

Heh... this thread came up because I wanted to find Zombipanda and Entropy's Pynchon discussion. Someone go talk about him in the book forum and give me some information and recommendations.

Heh... this thread came up because I wanted to find Zombipanda and Entropy's Pynchon discussion. Someone go talk about him in the book forum and give me some information and recommendations.

:D And I was looking at what people were looking at online and piggy-backed here before you could respond. All I've got to say to you is, Vineland.

Last edited:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/090702-tunguska-shuttle-comet.html

Space shuttles blasting off from Earth may have helped solve the mystery of what came careening down from space to explode over Russia in June 1908.

The so-called Tunguska event leveled 770 square miles (2,000 square kilometers) of forest in a remote area of Siberia.

What caused the blast has puzzled scientists, because only a handful of people saw the explosion and it left no easily recognizable debris.

(Related: "Crater From 1908 Russian Space Impact Found, Team Says.")

The leading theory has been a mid-air explosion of either a rocky meteor or an icy comet that rocked the region with the force of several hundred atomic bombs.

Now studies of so-called night-shining clouds sometimes linked to space shuttle launches suggest that it was, in fact, a comet that caused Tunguska.

Kind of anti-climactic...

Who's to say it wouldn't have blown up causing the accident?
CTHULUEFFEDUP.jpg

Latest posts

Back