"The Shadow" to return with Raimi.

The one I had was the one where he would come in a tuxedo and you could then push his head down and put the head with the Shadow mask.

I have the exact same one too. I was so happy when my dad got it for me.

And get this, I still have all the parts! The only thing I;m missing is the set of tails for his tuxedo, but I'm sure they'll turn up during a house cleaning in a few years.

I REALLY hope this movie goes into development. I'd be totally psyched for it.

I've been listening to the original radio show, and it got me thinking... wouldn't it be great if Willem Dafoe played The Shadow, or at the very least voiced him?

I can't decide whether it'd be a good idea for him to play Lamont Cranston too, but I guess that would depend on how willing audiences would be in accepting a craggy-faced fifty year old actor playing a billionaire socialite.

I REALLY hope this movie goes into development. I'd be totally psyched for it.

I've been listening to the original radio show, and it got me thinking... wouldn't it be great if Willem Dafoe played The Shadow, or at the very least voiced him?

I can't decide whether it'd be a good idea for him to play Lamont Cranston too, but I guess that would depend on how willing audiences would be in accepting a craggy-faced fifty year old actor playing a billionaire socialite.

Oooh, Dafoe as The Shadow (or even the voice) is good. I likey. :D

Oooh, Dafoe as The Shadow (or even the voice) is good. I likey. :D
"Who knows what evil... lurks... within the hearts, of men? The Shadow... knows."

I still get chills no matter how dated those radio programmes are.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this earlier, but Raimi was actually considered to direct the original Baldwin Shadow movie, but was passed up because they thought he didn't have enough experience, so he went and made Darkman, which isn't as good IMO but is still a really cool and underrated film.

The Shadow is still one of my most beloved films, right behind The Rocketeer. I like The Phantom a lot too, but the other two are clearly better.

Latest posts

Back