Homer to the Max

Love that episode

Max Power, he's the man whose name you'd love to touch,
but you musn't touch!
His name sounds good in your ear,
but when you hear it, you musn't fear!
Cause his name can be said,
by anyone..

Also love it when the guy in the shop says "nice name" and he replies "thanks I got it off a hair-dryer" :lol: :lol:

My favourite epsides are still Halloween and sideshow bob ones. (Cape Feare is still my favourite episode ever I think)

I bought season 10. I don't know why everyone's so down on the series at this point.

The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace and Homer to the Max are two of the best episodes of all time.

In my opinion, not only was the series still GREAT at that point, like 95% as good as ever, it was just as great great all the way through until, believe it or not, the beginning of Season 14, at which point it took a dive.

Look at the season lists on Wikipedia. 11, 12, and even 13 are all chock-full or golden episodes, and padded out with still very funny ones. It's only after that when the show became a forgetable mess.

I don't get to watch the show much since I haven't had TV in almost a year and I missed it a lot before then too, but it's continued to eb funny for me. A little strange and very dependent on inside jokes, but it works fine for me since I've watched it since I was 9 and have seen every episode up through about season 16.

It's a different show than it used to be, but it's not as bad as everyone says. It's no longer great, but it's not unfunny.

Ah, reading that Newsarama thread, Don Murphy cracks me up.

How dare a creator (Moore) be upset his creation is raped in film.

Uh, what?

On the first post, there is a link to the Newarama article about the Alan Moore episode of Simpsons.

In the thread, the Producer of LoXG Don Murphy spends several posts badmouthing Moore for being irritated with how his properties were handled.

Anyone see the new episode? if not its on tv-links

The start as the go through to the sofa gag , first black board "I will not wait 20 years for another movie" :lol: as bart is skate boarding through the town to the sofa it's all been rebuilt after movie.

When the get in to the sofa Homer's pig is there!! the music changes to the spider-man / spider-pig theme but no words.

All that was cool as hell I thought as I honestly assumed they wouldn't even mention film BUT now we know when it's set , in-between last season and this one.

The episode itself was funny as hell and cool , It's all about homer and his new found love of private planes. You guys should check it out it's a great episode.

I liked Spider-pig. I hated that the joke was killed by over-quoting before the movie was even over, let alone the number of people who wouldn't shut up about it afterwards.

yeah but the sofa bit was the tune no words and showed pig so we all know he's still there and it's same pig

yeah but the sofa bit was the tune no words and showed pig so we all know he's still there and it's same pig

No words??? After Homer grabbed Popler. He said, "ah... my summer love..."

Last edited:
The only funny thing was the opening credits (which were more novel than funny) and the brief SpiderPig joke made me smirk. A bit.

The rest of it was so unfunny that I lost interest and reread all the issues of Mighty Avengers. The show is over.

Y'know, I've been a staunch defender of The Simpsons' quality over the last few years, but the premiere just flat-out sucked.

I'm still hoping it will get (relatively) better, though.

Wow, Simpsons was actually real good last night. I laughed out loud an insane amount of times for a "post good years" episode. They really should have aired this as the premiere instead of that crap we got last week.

B+

Latest posts

Back