The Stuff That's Too Nerdy, Even For Us Thread

Damn. I really thought it was ****. Or ****.
At least it's not **. That one's just ****ed up. And by ****ed up I mean ****ed up. Like ****ed up the ***.

Last edited:
But thats still better than Wizard Rock.

Led Zeplin. All I'm saying.

Pfffffft.... How dare you? Led Zep rocked, not because of the hobbits, but because they rock so many ******* faces.

skotti-chan said:
Or y'know... being inspired by V for Vendetta?

****.... I forgot I played rhythm guitar for those guys....

Last edited:
Pfffffft.... How dare you? Led Zep rocked, not because of the hobbits, but because they rock so many ******* faces.

****.... I forgot I played rhythm guitar for those guys....

*patpat* is okay :D

There's a lot about those days I don't remember. The comic book rock circuit is a hard living, drug-infused lifestyle.

HAHAHA!!!

Y'know what's sad, I did the Comic Con circuit in the early 90's, some of those guys partied like rock stars.

HAHAHA!!!

Y'know what's sad, I did the Comic Con circuit in the early 90's, some of those guys partied like rock stars.
I find that testimony entirely unsurprising. It seems to me that the pre-2000 new waves of media lived like ****ing rock stars because they thought their future success was a foregone conclusion.

In the world of videogaming, Gathering of Developers decided to build their headquarters in a Gothic cathedral, Ion Storm built an over-priced game design palace on the skyline level of a skyscraper and launch parties involved drunken raucuous displays of hedonism.

In the world of comics, everyone wanted to put up their own emerging studio, Image style, and thought they would be synergistic media emperors creating the next hot property. Everyone thought they'd be Todd McFarlane, basically, while hoping their product would recapture the collector value of 70s comic books, aspiring to become Hollywood.

And in the world of dot com startups, everyone thought they'd build the next killer app, or thought they could infiltrate existing markets by going into cyberspace, trying to replicate bookstores, travel agencies and retail chain models but with a www address by being first, rather than by being creative.

In honesty, I think it was some kind of weird pre-millenial hysteria that made all this insanity happen. How else can you explain the kind of attention given to apocalypse cults, paranormal-based TV programs and nihilistic musical trends?

I find that testimony entirely unsurprising. It seems to me that the pre-2000 new waves of media lived like ****ing rock stars because they thought their future success was a foregone conclusion.

In the world of videogaming, Gathering of Developers decided to build their headquarters in a Gothic cathedral, Ion Storm built an over-priced game design palace on the skyline level of a skyscraper and launch parties involved drunken raucuous displays of hedonism.

In the world of comics, everyone wanted to put up their own emerging studio, Image style, and thought they would be synergistic media emperors creating the next hot property. Everyone thought they'd be Todd McFarlane, basically, while hoping their product would recapture the collector value of 70s comic books, aspiring to become Hollywood.

And in the world of dot com startups, everyone thought they'd build the next killer app, or thought they could infiltrate existing markets by going into cyberspace, trying to replicate bookstores, travel agencies and retail chain models but with a www address by being first, rather than by being creative.

In honesty, I think it was some kind of weird pre-millenial hysteria that made all this insanity happen. How else can you explain the kind of attention given to apocalypse cults, paranormal-based TV programs and nihilistic musical trends?

I've got to toally agree with you, my guess it was some sort of Morrisonian/Ellisian collective psychic phenomena.

I remember reading a thing in Wizard a few years ago where they had comic creators' best convention memories and a surprising number of them involved drunkenness, nudity, and fistfights.

And we know Millar parties like a rock star.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back