The Theme park thread

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
This thread is to discuss theme parks.(made it awhile ago but all threads around that day got deleted) Which one is you're favourite? Favourite Ride? Planning a visit? anything to do with Theme park's put in this thread.

I'll say My favourite is park is Universal Studios and Island of adventure in Florida. Favourite ride just because of what it is. Spider-man Just for comic book fans It's worth it at Marvel land section. The Parades of the heroes is also very cool.

I just figured this would be a cool little relaxing thread. Here are some pictures from when I went back in September some you've seen some you may not of. Post your pictures too if you want.

Outside Back to the future the ride which I've heard has been torn down now

M.I.B the ride

Marvel land

Uploading a video for everyone as well its just taking forever damn youtube.

Wow. We don't even have anything close to this. Thanks for the pictures dude

Wow. We don't even have anything close to this. Thanks for the pictures dude

yeah we don't either unless you are also from uk. Best experience ever.

This going to Disney MGM because I really want to go on star tours the star wars ride.

Legoland in Kansas City? Would you go?
February 9, 2007

By Robert Niles: Legoland has selected the Kansas City area as the site for its second U.S. theme park, and is in the process of trying to build public support for tax increment financing to help pay for the project.

The new Legoland would be built in Lees Summit, in the southeast suburbs of Kansas City. The development would include a Sea Life Aquarium (the first in the U.S.), as well as a hotel and shopping center.

Legoland and its development partner are seeking more than $180 million in subsidies to help pay for the estimated $540 million project. This week, Lego held an open house to try to sell local residents on the project, in advance of applying for the tax breaks.

What do you think? Would you go to a Legoland Kansas City? Is Kansas City the best location for a second U.S. Legoland? Should theme park companies get tax breaks to build new parks?

I don't know where everyone lives but I figured this was pretty cool for any of you who live near by.

So am I right in assuming due to lack of interest that most people here don't like theme parks?

they make me tired. long lines, heat, headaches and annoying people don't do it for me.

long lines - You must of gone at the wrong times. I went when kids are school and early and there was people yes but not that many and I did all the rides with a maximum of 5 minute wait.

heat - I hate the heat. I suffer in it. that why one thing I loved about universal was this

You stand inside press a button and cold air mixed with water cools you down. Very nice.

Last edited:
waiting 5 minutes to get thrown around an uncomfortable rollercoaster is too much time.

i'm 6 foot three inches tall. all rides are too small. my knees are really sore by the end of the day and my shoulders hurt from being pushed down by the rides with the over the shoulder harness things.

waterparks i do like. Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas is the best waterpark in the world. That place is awesome.

waiting 5 minutes to get thrown around an uncomfortable rollercoaster is too much time.

i'm 6 foot three inches tall. all rides are too small. my knees are really sore by the end of the day and my shoulders hurt from being pushed down by the rides with the over the shoulder harness things.

waterparks i do like. Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas is the best waterpark in the world. That place is awesome.

I'm 6"4 and i'm fat and I found them roomy and comfortable. most theme parks i agree are not made for people tall or fat but universal Florida they seemed to be.

The rollercoaster I'll agree on. I hate rollercoaster's as they are just fast. I know people who love them but I prefer the interactive rides e.g spider-man where you're in a cart and it falls of buildings ect.. and gets attacked by enemies while spider-man saves you. Might all be in doors and not a rollercoster and done with effects but I love it.

The waiting is understandable. Alot want to go on them so its only natural to expect lines. I hate wanting in lines but the rides make up for it.

not been to a waterpark before. Might check one out soon

News I received from an attendee at the "Behind Closed Doors" at the Orlando Tourist Board Meeting, held at the Orange County Convention Center, on Tuesday, April 24th.:

Aparrently, Universal Studios have admitted that the New Simpsons Ride will be a very cheap re-fit of the Back to the Future Ride, incorporating existing fittings, especially the cars.

The overhaul and relaunch of the ride is to be as cheap as possible due to NBC's Minimal Spend approach.

This would be similar to the Jimmy Neutron Ride, which replaced Hanna Barbera a few years back!

Kick *** a Simpsons ride

I hate lines... that's all I have to contribute to this thread

****ing lines

Last edited:
I hate lines... that's all I have to contribute to this thread

****ing lines

go around the time the kids are in school.

show up as park opens.

I did that at universal one of the busiest parks in the world and I waited 5-10 minutes maximum and that was at the end after I rode everything i wanted to. they normally give passes to both parks (universal and Island of adventure) in 2 days you will of done everything with minimum lines

They tore down the Back to the Future ride? That was the only reason I had to visit America.

Well okay fine, I have a sister to visit in New York.

And I like your little children. They're all so pale and soft and erotically appealing...

Islands of Adventure ruled. I went there when I was about 11, as well as Disneyland (very disappointing, but everyone says that), and Universal Studios (more simulators than actual rides). Obviously, this was the highlight. The Incredible Hulk remains to date, the best roller-coaster I have ever been on. I was completely taken aback by it and screamed the whole way through.

I remember the Spidey ride vaguely as well. Since I hadn't really been into Spidey at the time, I wasn't really that psyched. I remember I talked to a guy dressed up as Spidey later on and I was really impressed by how much he looked, sounded and acted like Spidey. I remember thinking that he sounded a lot like Spidey from the cartoon. However, when I asked him,

"So Spidey, how come you couldn't save Gwen Stacey?"

He responded,

"Hey, you can't save everybody!"

Ouch! :wink: This guy obviously didn't know his stuff.

I remember the Spidey ride vaguely as well. Since I hadn't really been into Spidey at the time, I wasn't really that psyched. I remember I talked to a guy dressed up as Spidey later on and I was really impressed by how much he looked, sounded and acted like Spidey. I remember thinking that he sounded a lot like Spidey from the cartoon. However, when I asked him,

"So Spidey, how come you couldn't save Gwen Stacey?"

He responded,

"Hey, you can't save everybody!"

Ouch! :wink: This guy obviously didn't know his stuff.

I remember that ride... wel the line I didnt actually get to ride the ride

I've always had one of the park passes where you get to go in the special lines. It's always so fun to see 200 people standing there for 30 minutes as you walk up and get on the ride in a minute.

I've always had one of the park passes where you get to go in the special lines. It's always so fun to see 200 people standing there for 30 minutes as you walk up and get on the ride in a minute.

Why?

get there early as park opens and maybe you get caught in a line once or twice near the end but you save money and there's less people walking around anyway so you don't bump in to people

My uncle always invites us and his company gives them to him for free. It especially helps over the summer.

Latest posts

Back