The Thread of Guilty Pleasures

I like a few Nickelback songs. They're alright.

TGO, SM:heart:MJ doesn't qualify as a guilty pleasure, if "guilty pleasure" definition is "something that the critics all hated and most of the population as well, just not you". Which is my definition. If you're going by the guilty pleasure def "I'm a man, and so I can't like 'girly' things, but when I do, they're guilty pleasures because I don't want people to know I like them", you shouldn't be. The McKeever MJ series are celebrated my pretty much every major critic (Entertainment Weekly had it on their "Must List", one of the few comics to acheive that status), and therefore the guys who slam it are probably doing so without having even read it. So I don't really think of it as a guilty pleasure.

But anyways:

Some of mine are:

-- Sky High
-- Hoodwinked!
-- Hook
-- A.I. Artificial Intelligence

And if we're going by that latter definition:

-- Kyle XY (It's not really a 'girly' show, but it certainly does look stupid if you haven't seen it, or even if you've caught a couple episodes. However, it did just win "Best Kids Show" -- even though it's never been one to begin with :? -- at the Television Critics Awards, which is one of the few awards shows that recognize the talent that The Emmys snub, like Friday Night Lights and The Wire.)
-- Pride & Prejudice (2005)

and Nickleback. I'm more ashamed of that than I am the whole Broadway thing. When I think about it....there isn't a Nickleback song that I don't not like.
*vomits*

*vomits again*

My whole world is falling apart right now. I don't even know what's real anymore!!!
Nickleback are a great band
No.
VVD and Mole are the same person!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
See, Doom? We would expect something like that from Mole.

Nickelback...settling down and having babies...I don't know what's with you, man. You're freaking me out.
[DAILY HARRY POTTER REFERENCE]he iz unndr teh Impeerious Kurrs!!!11[/DAILY HARRY POTTER REFERENCE]
-- Kyle XY (It's not really a 'girly' show, but it certainly does look stupid if you haven't seen it, or even if you've caught a couple episodes. However, it did just win "Best Kids Show" -- even though it's never been one to begin with :? -- at the Television Critics Awards, which is one of the few awards shows that recognize the talent that The Emmys snub, like Friday Night Lights and The Wire.)
I still can't help but mocking the show whenever I see the ads with the guy holding up his shirt and showing that he doesn't have a bellybutton.

Last edited:
In response to all the Doom stuff...lemme say this....

I am not a Skrull.

Really. I'm not. I know it's what a Skrull would say. But I'm not.

So I don't wanna see a trend of sigs being changed to read: Doom Is A Skrull

Ya know....cuz I'm not. :shifty:

Musicals. I'm talking Grease, West Side Story, Rent, Wicked, Hairspray, Jersey Boys, broadway musicals.
I've only seen Phantom of the Opera & The Producers (both on stage).

But Hairspray looks God-aweful.

and Nickleback. I'm more ashamed of that than I am the whole Broadway thing. When I think about it....there isn't a Nickleback song that I don't not like.
I like the singles they released. But that's all I've listened to.

I've got another one.

Oprah.

My wife watches it sometimes and if I walk in and see it's something interesting I'll usually watch.

I hate when she does the girl power stuff...or should I say, the middle-aged yenta power stuff. It's lame and uninteresting.

But it's because of those types of shows that she gets a lot of flack...a lot of times she actually has interesting topics, especially the health-related ones.

You 2 really need to learn of the magic that is PM or IM.

Not our fault we live in different timezones to everyone else and there's never anyone online when we are.

Gwen Stefani (both physically and musically)

Funny thing about Gwen Stefani. No Doubt is a pretty good band with some great songs, that are always fun to listen to. But Stefani's solo songs are just these god-awful two-minute torture devices that make me want to eat my ears every time I hear them.

On the subject of musical guilty pleasures, I'll add Enrique Iglesias and David Hasselhoff to my list. Enrique really has some decent pop songs under his belt and if you appreciate them for what they are, they're good listening. The Hoff...well, at first I just listened to them because they were hilariously bad. Then...I just kept listening. They're just catchy...

"One morning in June, some twenty years ago...I was born a rich man's son..."

Gotta' love it.

I've got another one.

Oprah.

My wife watches it sometimes and if I walk in and see it's something interesting I'll usually watch.

I hate when she does the girl power stuff...or should I say, the middle-aged yenta power stuff. It's lame and uninteresting.

But it's because of those types of shows that she gets a lot of flack...a lot of times she actually has interesting topics, especially the health-related ones.

Watch Ocean's 13 for an accurate depiction of how I feel about Oprah. :wink:

I still can't help but mocking the show whenever I see the ads with the guy holding up his shirt and showing that he doesn't have a bellybutton.

My mocking of the show has all my other friends using it as the show's "official" catchprase.

I say really slowly in a sort of dull Kyle-y way:

"My name is Kyle. Kyle..... XY."

The other one that I have that they use as well is my Al Gore one:

"My name is Al Gore, and I'd like to show you my movie: An Inconvenient.... [5-10 second pause] ..... Truth."

I don't know why it's funny, but it just is.

I've got another one.

Oprah.

I concur with all that is said here.

Latest posts

Back