The Title's Creative Team... In Need of Change?

Goodwill

Hey, guys!

I would just like to know what you all think about the creative team as a whole. This group of people are a team, remember, so try not to single people out... For instance, don't say the team is ALL GOOD because Bendis is a good writer.

I would like to say that the writing is good, the art is good, but the color and ink is hideous. Something needs to be done about it. If you'll hold up one of the early issue to that of #68 you'll see what I mean...

In 616 Alias, Bendis did some work with Bagely and Gaydos. I think Gaydos style is better than Bagely, although, credit where it is due, Bagely does have areally distinctive style. I would like to see more of these three working together. To many times we see issues where a million artists get involved, drawing one page each. That's just overload, but two artists can compliment each other well, particularly in issues where various character's perspectives are used - or something from the past is being explained.

Well, in terms of the inker, I don't think that it would matter if we got a new one or not. I really can't tell the difference between one inker's work from another's. It's just black and white for them, which I don't think is too much of a problem. What I do not in Ultimate Spider-Man is lines beginning to cheapen; almost like the lines don't complete each other or something... If you'll take a look at the most recent issue, the ink lines aren't pronounced with Johnny's hair most of the time and the blonde blends into the background colors... There's no ink there, which bothers me.

The color is something that NEEDS to be changed. Like, I'm talking someone please mention that on the Bendis board... That's how much it needs to be changed. The first issue we see a decline in the quality is #50, which also marks a new colorist. Hmm... What do you all think?

I think the creative team is great. The colors look better now than in the early issues.

I like Bagley's work - my only thing is that he's kind of inconsistant. It's not even a big deal. But sometimes MJ looks really good, for example, and sometimes she looks like kind of a hag. :D

The colors rub me as bland and less inviting than they were, say, in the venom arc. I don't really like them all that much... Like, seriously, I would like someone to bring it up at the Bendis board for me.

Hi all, new to the boards. The color has definitely gone downhill in USM, at least in IMO. It is way to vivid ever since they got the new inker. Vivid is good, but these colors are just way to saturated. Just look at the skin colors on the characters. They are way to yellow. They need to tone down the colors a bit. The colors were bright and vivid in USM to begin with, when compared to most other comics, but now it's just overkill. It looks too cartooney.

Also Bagley is inconsistent lately, like mentioned above. It's like some months he justs decides to be lazy. I really like his art overall though, especially the way he draws facial expressions.

I'm not complaining though, I'm just happy to have the chance to read these great stories every month.

I don't know if this relates at all, but I read somewhere that someone from Marvel said that a couple of times (or from time to time, or something), Marvel has printed books without using an inker.

Last edited:
I think that Bagely is an good artist, but I would prefer Adam Kubert over Bagely, the new inker isnt that good as Art(I forgot his last name, I know it starts with a T) Art, is way better but new colorist does suck, Im sorry but the characters look like they have some sort of terminal disease.

Yeah, the colors and inkers do not seem to gel well at all... I tended to notice this right after the Black Cat arc. We'll see, though. Maybe it's just me being too picky.

Sometimes that's a good thing. I don't tend to notice things like that. And that does play an affect in the "quality" (for the lack of a better word) of the comic.

I think it's all down to what you are used to seeing in a comic. If all of sudden the inker has buggered off, it makes the particular comic look rushed, and that the editor just does not care.

Well, we were jerked from this brighter, vibrant color job to this bland and unexpressive coloring job that doesn't really seem to fit. I mean, no lie, I can do the same thing they are doing to this title with a colored pencil.

Goodwill said:
I can do the same thing they are doing to this title with a colored pencil.

Um.....no.

How about making comics using the that paper which becomes colour when you brush water on it?

Failing that just do paint by numbers. I can't wait to start selling Marvel water colour paints, Spider-man blue, Daredevil Yellow, Hulk Grey, etc.

Latest posts

Back