The Ultimate Panel @ Wizard World: Philly.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Newsarama now reports the information which has been announced in Marvel's Utimate Panel at Wizard World: Philadelphia.

Marvel's panel dealing with the Ultimate side of things has wrapped. Hosted by Marvel's Marketing Manager, John Dokes, with Ultimate office editors Nick Lowe and John Barber fielding questions, the panel itself was peppered with news, but leaned heavily towards attendees asking about their favorite characters or possible Ultimate versions of their favorite characters.

On with the bullet points, then…

• In the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual, Spider-Man gets a new girlfriend – someone who has appeared in the series prior, but would be about the last person fans would expect to come back and be a girlfriend.

• In showing the cover of Ultimate Fantastic Four #21, the panelists implied that they weren't supposed to show the image, which appears to be an Ultimate version of Reed Richards looking at his 616 counterpart through a hi-tech looking glass. No further details were given on the possible story arc, entitled "Crossover."

• Also, in Mark Millar and Greg Land's Ultimate Fantastic Four story, the team is sent to stop time-traveling terrorists who have gone back in time, intent on squashing humankind's distant ancestor just as it crawls out of the ocean.

• Brian K. Vaughn's upcoming "Magnetic North" arc in Ultimate X-Men will be his last solo arc, and deal with the Ultimate version of Polaris and the return of Magneto. Why "solo," you may ask? After "Magnetic North," X-Men director Bryan Singer's arc will kick off, and Vaughan will co-write it with the director.

• Along the lines of "will we ever see…" questions, in regards to Ultimate Apocalypse, Barber said there will be a good chance before Brian Vaughan is done with his time on the series, implying that the character might show up during his and Singer's time on the title.

• On the business side of the Ultimate Universe, Dokes confirmed that there will be a corresponding Barnes & Noble edition of an Ultimate X-Men hardcover volume like the Ultimate Spider-Man volume published by B&N. While details were light, the Ultimate Spider-Man version collected the first 39 issues of the series, running 992 pages (and is now currently being remaindered for about $25 at stores).

• In regards to Shang-Chi and Iron Fist, the Ultimate versions of these characters will show up in the "Warriors" arc of Ultimate Spider-Man, beginning in issue #79.

The art includes:

• Ultimate Fantastic Four #21 cover

• Color interior by Greg Land

• Interiors from Ultimate Spider-Man #79, and the cover to Ultimate Spider-Man Annual

• The Ultimate versions of Shang-Chi and Iron Fist...

• And an interrior page from the Ultimate X-Men Annual

Last edited:
Does the UXM Annual scene make anyone else Rogue and Gambit are getting married or participating in a vegas drag show? Just an odd thought.

Caduceus said:
Does the UXM Annual scene make anyone else Rogue and Gambit are getting married or participating in a vegas drag show? Just an odd thought.
Yeah, I posted the same spec. thought before. :lol:

Dang. Once again I'm work and Newsarma is blocked, so I have to agonize over what you get to see.

I'm not going to post them ;)

Basically the UFF cover is the released pic of the two Reed's facing each other

The coloured interior is the Ben fighting the dino panels and a few of Sue

Honestly I already forgot what the Spidey stuff was

Shang Chi and Iron Fist are the sketches posted on buzzscope a while ago

The UXM stuff is the vegas drag show

• In the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual, Spider-Man gets a new girlfriend – someone who has appeared in the series prior, but would be about the last person fans would expect to come back and be a girlfriend.
Interesting. For me, this gives me more proof that it isn't Kitty. Kitty is someone people would and are expecting

• In showing the cover of Ultimate Fantastic Four #21, the panelists implied that they weren't supposed to show the image, which appears to be an Ultimate version of Reed Richards looking at his 616 counterpart through a hi-tech looking glass. No further details were given on the possible story arc, entitled "Crossover."
And people pissed (not literally) on Wizard saying it's something that they fabricated. It was genuine, as we knew by the signature. One image, not two. It still looks awesome.

• Also, in Mark Millar and Greg Land's Ultimate Fantastic Four story, the team is sent to stop time-traveling terrorists who have gone back in time, intent on squashing humankind's distant ancestor just as it crawls out of the ocean.
Nice. I'm really liking these ideas Millar is putting out. :D

• Brian K. Vaughn's upcoming "Magnetic North" arc in Ultimate X-Men will be his last solo arc, and deal with the Ultimate version of Polaris and the return of Magneto. Why "solo," you may ask? After "Magnetic North," X-Men director Bryan Singer's arc will kick off, and Vaughan will co-write it with the director.
YES! BKV IS STILL ON UXM! AWESOME! :rockon:

This should calm down the Singer-hatahs! :wink:

• Along the lines of "will we ever see…" questions, in regards to Ultimate Apocalypse, Barber said there will be a good chance before Brian Vaughan is done with his time on the series, implying that the character might show up during his and Singer's time on the title.
*Giggles like a school girl*

Oh great, now I laugh like E. :lol:

• On the business side of the Ultimate Universe, Dokes confirmed that there will be a corresponding Barnes & Noble edition of an Ultimate X-Men hardcover volume like the Ultimate Spider-Man volume published by B&N. While details were light, the Ultimate Spider-Man version collected the first 39 issues of the series, running 992 pages (and is now currently being remaindered for about $25 at stores).
That sounds awesome. :)

• In regards to Shang-Chi and Iron Fist, the Ultimate versions of these characters will show up in the "Warriors" arc of Ultimate Spider-Man, beginning in issue #79.
Can't wait to see them in action! 8)

icemastertron said:
Interesting. For me, this gives me more proof that it isn't Kitty. Kitty is someone people would and are expecting
Aaaand say...Black Cat isn't?

I hope not, because the last person I expect it Aunt May

Wow Moonknight went berserk on Spidey. I can't wait to see what his orgin is along with the origins of Iron Fist and Shang-Chi.

Well it is Bendis writing it.

Maybe Jean DeWolf? Or whatever her name is...

icemastertron said:
Not saying that. Her too, but I was just talking about Kitty specifically. Still trying to prove that it ain't gonna be Kitty.

I keep telling you guys that's it going to be Liz

ultimatekramer said:
Maybe he digs Gwen up. That would be unexpected...

:lol: Nobody would expect Peter to be a closet necropheliac.

icemastertron said:

Aunt May it is then.

icemastertron said:

If this is just the UFF from the team-up I will be disappointed in Marvel. They are blatantly marketing it as a 616/UU crossover, but by not saying it they can have plausible deniability when it turns out to be a universe that just resembles 616. I was okay with rumours, but if Marvel are purposely, through omission, keeping the rumour going to sell more... ah, I'm disappointed.

icemastertron said:

This sounds great! :D

icemastertron said:

As does this. As far as I could tell, the problem with Singer's X-films is he couldn't afford to do all things he wanted. This won't be a problem here, and wit BKV keeping things on track, this should turn out wonderfully I think.
icemastertron said:

Me like Apocalypse. This good.

Maybe BKV will be in so good with Singer, he'll do a recast and make him Luther in the new Superman movie.

Ooh, thank God BKV is co-writing! And Land's art looks awesome with the colors. I'm still betting on the black cat as the gf, because "no one expecting her" could be because some of USM's readers still think she's dead. :D

All of this news sounds great...

The X-Men Annual is rendered fantastically. It reminds me of some of the Kuberts work. I can't wait to see more of Gambit and Rogue at the alter! ;)

Moonknight was REALLY wailing on Spider-Man, wow! We'll have to see what's up with his character... I think we may be in for a cool one here. I'm just hoping Iron Fist and Shang Chi don't try anything funny on Spider-Man, either. ;) That would be too much.

The one title that appeals to me most right now is the Fantastic Four... I'm a softy when it comes to time travel and to have all of the continuity problems handled through all of this sounds like a cool ride. Can't wait to see more of these terrorists. Who has that kind of technology to send people back in time like that?

Latest posts

Back