The Ultimates: Post Volume 2?

wat about giant man, has he been fully kicked out now? and does that mean that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being black ops are like being reserve avengers in 616?

In Ultimate Nightmare #1, the team dispatched is Black Widow, Cap, and Sam Wilson. In the 616, Wilson is Falcon II, I believe. He may be a new recruit as well.

Maybe the Ultimate Nightmare series will somehow bond Wilson to a Falcon and maybe he gets his wings from SHIELD or something. It would be awesome to have Ultimate Falcon in the Ultimates. I cant wait

That is, if they ever decide to bring out Ultimates V2. Wasnt it supposed to be out in, like, February?

That is, if they ever decide to bring out Ultimates V2. Wasnt it supposed to be out in, like, February?

No...#1 was originally solicited for July (I think) but almost immediately Millar asked Marvel to pull it until the first six issues are done. I think Millar said recently that Hitch is working on #3 and we can expect #1 in October or thereabouts.

I'm thinking that the Defenders will be a second class super hero team that will be the back up team to the Ultimates... I am also thinking that Sam Wilson will be on such a team...

I don't think they'll be a backup; that would imply they are sanctioned in some way by SHIELD. I think it will just be a group of guys with nothing better to do than to fight crime.

Do we even know at this point if the Defenders technically fall under S.H.I.E.L.D. jurisdiction?

I think he'll take Giant-Man's position. Plus, him and Cap have their own title in the 616. He's on the comeback!

Defenders don't exist, so no, we don't know yet. From what Millar said it doesn't seem like they will be.

Or it could very well be the West Coast Version of the Ultimates... Who knows. Also, weren't the Defenders sort of anti-heroes in the 616 continuity? It consisted of Hulk, Silver Surfer, Doc Strange, and a few others... All of which were strangely against the Avengers and the X-Men. I dunno, can anyone help me out here?

UltimateE said:

No...#1 was originally solicited for July (I think) but almost immediately Millar asked Marvel to pull it until the first six issues are done. I think Millar said recently that Hitch is working on #3 and we can expect #1 in October or thereabouts.

He's just NOW working on issue 3? Even if they have six issues in the can I bet we won't get anything past 8 on a monthly basis then things are downhill again.

Miken_Ayers said:
He's just NOW working on issue 3? Even if they have six issues in the can I bet we won't get anything past 8 on a monthly basis then things are downhill again.

It was a little while ago that Millar said that, and it might even have been #4. Don't you keep up with things at MillarWorld?!

I'll take up to #8 on a monthly basis before things start to slide, it's nothing I'm not used to already.

What kind of superheroes do you think will make up the Ultimate Defenders?
My Guesses:
Giant Man
Falcon
Vision (If you remember, In one of the first few issues it was said that Pym is working on an android)
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch (mutants and members of the Brotherhood, so Ultimates dont want them on there public team)

Like it or not, I believe that QS and Scarlet Witch are now on the public team. They were out there waging war with the Skrulls and everyone knows about that. Why not? Also, if Millar wasn't going to use them, why have them on the Ultimates in the first place? You should have left them as villains... QS was a pretty good one, too. Very much like Magneto for a while.

I think theyre still in the Black Ops and Fury only calls on them when desperate.

Anyone know the storylines happenong in Volume 2? I think i heard somewhere that the first storyline will be the trial of the Hulk

I posted somewhere that Loki and Thor would be involved in something going down in the first issue along with the Hulk trial. Also, the whole gist of the stuff is supposed to be new super heroes arriving on the scene... Makes you wonder why they don't have more Ultimate titles, huh? :)

Anonymous said:
I think theyre still in the Black Ops and Fury only calls on them when desperate.

Anyone know the storylines happenong in Volume 2? I think i heard somewhere that the first storyline will be the trial of the Hulk

Correct. Also the questions of Thor's "godhood" will be answered and the other superhero teams will be cropping up in other countries. That's all I'm aware of at this point.

I'll have to remember exactly where I heard this, but Thor's godhood is going to have something to do with Loki, and another regular villain from the 616 Thor series. That's going to take place in issues #4-5. Also, the Defenders will make their debut in issues #1-2, the trial of the Hulk will take place in issues #2-3, and the Chinese version of the Ultimates will debut in either #7 or 8. Also, I think there was a mention of Psylocke being a member of the European version of the Ultimates, presumably the Defenders.

holy crap, i hope the ultimates book doesnt focus on teams around the world. To many ultimates teams. Why have a European version and a chinese version etc? Just keep it simple

Also, I think there was a mention of Psylocke being a member of the European version of the Ultimates, presumably the Defenders.

If I'm not mistaken, Millar also specifically mentioned Tigra as a member of one of these teams.

Latest posts

Back