Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
The first arcs starts with an atomic elbow, and ends with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

And it all is awesome.

I bought the first volume mainly because of Doom. See, he told me to buy it, and told me, and then molested me. While I was pretending not to enjoy being molested, I decided to give it a go.

And they fight the Eiffel Tower. Which is being stolen by a zombified Gustave Eiffel, the man who originally built it. And I was sold.

I read the book through, taking the insanity of this world combined with the insanity of the characters, and the unique artistry, and loving it.

You see, the book begins with an atomic elbow. A wrestler is wrestling some sort of alien, and when he lands the atomic elbow, 70 individuals are born simultaneously, and with special powers. This is the story about seven of them who get adopted by a billionaire, and what they do with their powers. The characters, however crazy they may seem, have very real human emotions, which is showcased throughout the series.

Then the second arc starts.

Blueberry pie.

James Jean does covers for only the first arc, then the regular artist takes over for the second.

You all need to give this series a chance.

It really is awesome.

And the second volume going on now (Umbrella Academy: Dallas) is ****ing amazing.

I'm only gonna say the following words once:

• Apple Pie secret recipe
  • Monkey dressed as Marilyn Monroe
  • Time-jumping secret assasin taskforce commanded by a goldfish
  • #5's Secret Origin

Yeah. I know right?

Holy shiat, how could you guys not have made this thread sooner? It was practically a crime!

This is the best League of Extraordinary Gentlemen rip off since Hellboy!

And yes I know Hellboy came out before the League. Don't ruin my Alan Moore fanboyism.

Holy shiat, how could you guys not have made this thread sooner? It was practically a crime!

This is the best League of Extraordinary Gentlemen rip off since Hellboy!

And yes I know Hellboy came out before the League. Don't ruin my Alan Moore fanboyism.

????

The comparison I always hear is Doom Patrol, and I think it's much more fitting.

Anyway, I've only read the first couple issues of the second volume now but yes.

Yes to everything that has been said and ever will be said in this thread.

Last edited:
Yes to everything that has been said and ever will be said in this thread.

You know that will come to bite you in the future.

"You slept with my wife? You are so dead! Get him Fido!"

*Zombipanda gets mauled by a gorilla*

My favourite comic currently - Hazel and Cha Cha are priceless.

Just an absolutely fantastic read - story and art are superb!

I've only read the first few issues and while I did enjoy them, I felt that maybe I should read Morrison's Doom Patrol first.

I've been reading this all afternoon and I just met Hazel and Cha-Cha. I am excited.

They all accidentally traveled to Vietnam. Awesome.

I'm all caught up. This comic is crazy fun. I like how Grant Morrison described it as "X-Men for cool people".

When's the next issue out?

First volume was good enough to keep me reading. I'll wait for volume 2 to come out in trade, then join in on reading the singles.

Latest posts

Back