The Unit **Spoilers**

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Did anyone else catch this show last night??? It's great!!!! It's so much better than those other mock-military shows like "E-Ring".

It had the right mix of action and drama. For those who've never heard about it....here's a brief overview about the show:

THE UNIT is an action drama that follows a covert team of Special Forces operatives as they risk their lives on undercover missions around the globe, while their families maintain the home front, protecting their husbands' secrets. Jonas Blane (Dennis Haysbert) leads the Unit on missions out in the field and is responsible for taking new recruit Bob Brown (Scott Foley) under his wing. The Unit includes Jonas, Colonel Tom Ryan (Robert Patrick), Mack Gerhardt (Max Martini), Charles Grey (Michael Irby), Hector Williams (Demore Barnes) and Bob Brown, all highly skilled, trustworthy, brave and dependable soldiers whose ability to rely on each other is what creates their brotherhood. Jonas' wife, Molly (Regina Taylor), is the base matriarch who comforts and counsels the other wives as they cope with the fear and uncertainty they experience when their husbands leave home. Molly and Tiffy Gerhardt (Abby Brammell), a wife hiding her own dark secrets, help Bob's pregnant wife, Kim (Audrey Marie Anderson), acclimate to the stress of her new secret life.

A brief synopsis on the 1st episode:

In the series premiere, newcomer Bob Brown joins Jonas' team as they set out to rescue a hijacked plane filled with European businessmen. Meanwhile, the Unit wives help Bob's wife Kim get acclimated as she struggles against the level of control the Unit has over her personal life. Even though there seems to be a lack of privacy, there are still secrets in the Unit that must be kept private.

Not as good as 24........but great nonetheless.

I can't help but feel that David Palmer was so impressed by Jack Bauer that he decided to go into the terrorist hunting game himself and is trying to look as mean as Jack without quite achieving it.

I mean, shooting a man's mule just isn't as mean as shooting a man's wife.

Well, maybe in an arab country it is, but even there I don't think so.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
I can't help but feel that David Palmer was so impressed by Jack Bauer that he decided to go into the terrorist hunting game himself and is trying to look as mean as Jack without quite achieving it.

I mean, shooting a man's mule just isn't as mean as shooting a man's wife.

Well, maybe in an arab country it is, but even there I don't think so.

It's obvious that CBS wants it's own 24....but can't really do that continuation action/drama without being compared to FOX's 24 or Prisonbreak.

It is hard seeing Dennis Haysbert as anything but President Palmer.....but I got what they were trying to do with the character. My only gripe is that he's a Sergeant doing these things. While a senior NCO can command a group like that...I would've found it more believable if he was a Maj or Lt Col.

And as for shooting the man's mule...........too funny!!!! :lol:

Like I said before.....fans of 24 should tune in-----but just don't expect 24.

Sounds like 24 + Desperate Housewives = The Unit.

Man......another great episode!!! :D

I think I like this show so much because I see things like this all the time. I really like how they show the "at home" side of the military story. You get the action....and then the character development at the home.

Dennis Haysbert's character has to be my favorite. I love where they're going with him. He's getting old...it's time for him to maybe retire. Doing this for so long has taken a toll on him mentally. He's stressed out, hallucinating at home a bit and getting to cocky for his rank. Normally, retirement is just what a guy like him needs. But he can't quit because the action is in his blood. He doesn't go out looking for it....but he still needs it to function.

They have a saying in the military: "You're not at peace unless you're at war'. For those lucky few who have seen combat and lived to tell about it...it is very true. You're not out searching for action...but you want it. You see those guys sitting at their desk with their gun just dry-firing. Practicing their draw, aim, etc. You see them running thru takedowns, disarms, etc. It's sad really.......

Anyways......great show. If you're not watching....shame on you.

Latest posts

Back