The Video Game Music Thread: All About Music, D to The Rama Baby (No Spoilers!)

ourchair

So I figured we need a thread for video game music. Because everything needs a thread.

I've been downloading a lot of video game music lately. I like my electronic-pop-rock-R&B-hiphop-reggae like everyone else, but there's nothing in your life that doesn't deserve a grandiose score, even if it's Brazilian drum & beats from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

So who else likes dem video game music? DISCUSS.

In the mean time, I shall take a shower to the European Primitive stylings of Zak Belica's Myth III: The Wolf Age score.

Halo has the best soundtrack in the world. I'm also a fan of the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack and I likes me teh Zelda music...

Halo has the best soundtrack in the world. I'm also a fan of the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack and I likes me teh Zelda music...
I don't be mister pooh-pooh, but I do think that the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack is only 'functionally great'.

Meaning that it's wonderfully orchestrated, has greatly realized cues and themes and has a cool big-budget Hollywood feel to it, but that's just it, it sounds like just about any other 'big-budget Hollywood score' that the likes of Harry Gregson-Williams would do. But at least he's not Hans Zimmer.

As for, Zelda, that's great. No matter what, the main theme is always great. Hell it made a great System of a Down track.

I'm not enough of a Musician to be able to intelligently debate the quality of the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack, but I've always found that it fits into the game's atmosphere nicely.

I'm not enough of a Musician to be able to intelligently debate the quality of the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack, but I've always found that it fits into the game's atmosphere nicely.
That it does.

Understand that I ain't knocking it, chum. :D

Also, Peter McConnell's work on Grim Fandango is fantastic. If I had a car, I'd be driving to "Bone Wagon" all the time.

I love the Zelda sound track, I find it playing in my head a few times when I'm either wandering around or doing doing something nuts.

I really like the Metal Gear theme also the background music in X-men Legends 1 was great, really had a great tone to it.

What I hate is bad repetitive music in games, the score to the USM game annoyed the **** out of me

My favourite games for music is the GTAs . I think Vice City had the best soundtrack of them though , they are the only games I have bought soundtrack of.

Also the original super Mario games i like the music but only because after i play it I find my self whistling the tune all day to the point it annoys anyone with-in ear shot

Vice City was just a perfect game overall. The music added to that.

Yeah , I'm thinking of buying Vice City stories soon in hopes that it's just as good

I bought the PS2 port but didn't play it much. It was fun, I guess, but lost the magic of the first one.

I bought the PS2 port but didn't play it much. It was fun, I guess, but lost the magic of the first one.

:lol: Thats the one I was thinking of getting since the only console I have the moment is a ps2 (got rid of others and only just re-bought a ps2 for wrestling , dbz and spider-man games:oops: )

I love the music on Super Paper Mario. Nothing really special, but it's incredibly catchy and seems to go along with the "look" of the game perfectly.

I love the music on Super Paper Mario. Nothing really special, but it's incredibly catchy and seems to go along with the "look" of the game perfectly.

Yeah I love the music in that too.

I need to get Super Paper Mario. I need another Wii game.

Currently replaying Fallout: Tactics and am in the middle of deciding which custom soundtrack to install into it. Maybe I'll throw in pieces of Prison Break and 24. I used to play it with the Firefly soundtrack, but I think I want a change of tone.

Forgot to mention how deeply I love the music from Super Smash Bros. Melee. I hope they keep a fair amount of it in Brawl, at least as alternate tracks.

Fountain of Dreams and the alternate Onett theme stand out as my two main favourites, but it's all so good. The Pokemon Stadium theme has to be one of the most appropriate pieces of "epic tournament" music ever.

Latest posts

Back