Third X-Men Spin-off

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Source: USA Today
The studio is also exploring a movie with Three Kings director David O. Russell based on the character of Emma Frost, a sexy mutant telepath who can transform her skin into diamonds. She is an X-Men comics regular but was not featured in the movies

Discuss

Planet-man said:
Bad idea. It'll just be an excuss to have Scarlett Johannsen wear as little clothing as possible for an hour and a half....

Did I say bad idea?

:twisted:

Planet-man said:
Bad idea. It'll just be an excuss to have Scarlett Johannsen wear as little clothing as possible for an hour and a half....

Did I say bad idea?

I don't think Scarlett would ever do a movie like that. After The Island bombed...I don't think she'll be looking into the action genre for a while.

Victor Von Doom said:
I don't think Scarlett would ever do a movie like that. After The Island bombed...I don't think she'll be looking into the action genre for a while.
I'm hoping she's not looking into movies for a while. Blehh.

Big no to Scarlett. Jeri Ryan's performance as Seven of Nine leads me to think that she could be a good old-school Emma, but I imagine they'll do the watered-down modern version of Emma the X-Woman. Then again, I'd have a lot more respect for Marvel Entertainment if it stops Sony's star-humping casting strategy and casts more to fit the role than to draw people by having big names to throw around.

I'd love to see a slutty Emma Frost, especially if she were played by Jeri Ryan, but I'm sure they'd end up watering down her sexuality and make the movie not worth seeing.

MaxwellSmart said:
I'd love to see a slutty Emma Frost, especially if she were played by Jeri Ryan, but I'm sure they'd end up watering down her sexuality and make the movie not worth seeing.
Well, I suggested Jeri Ryan because we know she can play a cold, regal character from her work as Seven of Nine. But yeah, roll will probably be turned into modern Emma to make it somewhat family-friendly and either given to one of those anorexic twits that seem to be floating around these days or they'll be forced to give it to a nobody because it'll suck so bad nobody worth anything will touch it.

As long as it's not Jessica Alba as Emma Frost, I'm cool.

If Emma Frost isn't in any of the X-Men movies, then it's not a spinoff.

E said:
Fine. Third X-Men derivative movie.

And she was too in the movies. She's under old Charlie's desk. jk

Last edited:
E said:
I forgot to post this part

"We've also talked about doing something on the kids in (Professor X's) school, focusing on their lives, and less of a global adventure for the team," says Hutch Parker, production president of 20th Century Fox.
So they're not just thinking about Emma but X-kids as well

Random said:
I forgot to post this part
"We've also talked about doing something on the kids in (Professor X's) school, focusing on their lives, and less of a global adventure for the team," says Hutch Parker, production president of 20th Century Fox.
So they're not just thinking about Emma but X-kids as well
Kinda reminds me of an idea I incorporated into my story. While yes, you have the active X-Men who go out and do stuff, there's got to be SOME group (or at least another person or two to supplement Xavier) so the kids can still go to class. Even if Xavier could tap minds for every subject to teach them to the kids, he simply wouldn't have the time.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Don't see it panning out.

Sounds like just studio talk.

Agreed. Also, its technically not a third X-Men spin-off since she never appeared or was mentioned in the movies. Just saying...

E said:

Nevermind, E beat me to the punch.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Agreed. Also, its technically not a third X-Men spin-off since she never appeared or was mentioned in the movies. Just saying...
Mentions of her were scripted and passed on in the version of the script that the novelization for X-3 is written from, but were either never filmed or filmed and cut.

Ice said:
I'm not sure how this would do. But let's see what talk goes from here.
Combining the superhero genre with an actual hot chick? If they could pull it off without watering down Emma so bad it turns off the geeks, it'd probably cream whatever Marvel's current best earning record is.

Hell, even if they did water Emma down to be crap, as long as they cast her well... she's still a hot busty blonde in small white outfits.

If you film it, geeks will come.

Uh... The vacuum of Charles Xavier gone into hiding or disappearing or whatever would create a need for someone else to start training NEW MUTANTS. I'm 100% certain that the studio is having more GENERATION X talk than just a straight EMMA FROST flick. Maybe we'd finally get to see Banshee in a big-budget blockbuster.

Latest posts

Back