This is a really newbie question but...

Its up to you. It will probably help understand Astonishing but not everyone can afford to try and get all those back issues. Your in for a good read though

tractorbeam said:
I think I'll read New Xmen(114-156) before I read Astonishing.

It goes to 154, not 156.

It is an excellent series and well worth reading. It leads right into Astonishing.

The events of NXM led to a reboot of the entire X-Universe.

I'd consider 155-6 necessary to read too though, just because it fills in the last little gaps about everything that I won't spoil

Caduceus said:
I'd consider 155-6 necessary to read too though, just because it fills in the last little gaps about everything that I won't spoil

Oh yeah, the Austen issues. Yeah I'd agree with that.

There were a few Austen issues that weren't bad, or not that interesting.

Like "Bright New Mourning" and "Of Darkest Nights", (both 2 parts each), were pretty good.

icemastertron said:
There were a few Austen issues that weren't bad, or not that interesting.

Like "Bright New Mourning" and "Of Darkest Nights", (both 2 parts each), were pretty good.

Bright New Mourning was a big dodgy I thought personally but it was necessary plotwise. Of Darkest Nights however was in my opinion a fantastic arc. Beautiful expression of Xavier's importance to the X-men and the flaw inherent in that dependence.

I think im one of the only Austen fans out there :(

Come back to Marvel Austen. We want some more wierd love stories like Hawkeye and Wasp and Juggernaut and She Hulk, lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back