this is the one reason why I don't buy trades

a fan

trades don't allways go in sequential order and i'll give the PERFECT example:
Ultimate spider man vol 7 contains issues 40-45
Ultimate spider man vol 8 contains issues 47-53
Ultimate spider man vol 9 contains issue 46 and the ultimate six miniseries
why is issue 46 in vol 9 when it should be in vol 8? this has to be a mistake on marvel's part no?
This is why I like buying single issues so that I know what that I can read them in order and from the previous thread of "how do you get your comics?" this presents a problem because sometimes TPB's LEAVE OUT issues and I HATE that because I am missing an issue and that isn't good for me even though TPB's cost less

Last edited:
a fan said:
why is issue 46 in vol 9 when it should be in vol 8? this has to be a mistake on marvel's part no?
Maybe because 46 leads into Ultimate six so they needed to be in the same tpb

a fan said:
trades don't allways go in sequential order and i'll give the PERFECT example:

Ultimate spider man vol 9 contains issue 46 and the ultimate six miniseries
This is why I like buying single issues so that I know what that I can read them in order and from the previous thread of "how do you get your comics?" this presents a problem because sometimes TPB's LEAVE OUT issues and I HATE that because I am missing an issue and that isn't good for me even though TPB's cost less

The reason for that is, that issue 46 ties into Ultimate Six series, with the reintroduction of Snadman and kinda control of his Sand powers.
And since this issue was pretty much the introduction of sandman cause the rest of the "6" had been introduced, and had their backstories done, and fought Spider-man, i think that it makes sense that that issue was put in to that Trade

Considering your example was done like that so the story would make sense, your reason is kind of stupid.

I love trades. I prefer reading an entire story/arc all at once, instead of waiting month after month for a new part.

Did you even consider why #46 is in Vol. 9 instead of Vol. 8? If you think about it, it makes much more sense.

If I'm not mistaken, I think that Ult Six is the only trade that does that. Trades are the only thing I get and non of my other copies have done that.

I dont like trades cause I like to own the comics. I feel thats theres more value in them. Only trade i own is Kingdom Come which was great.

If you all you buy is single issues then you're not only spending too much money, but you're missing out on tons of great books.

I'm starting to prefer trades too. It's just nice to be able to open a book and read a story instead of unwrapping 6 (or more) comics, skipping over ads, etc.

I'm a firm believer in trades. More story in one book, no ads, easier to catalog and circulate, easier to organize. I can hand them to patrons and they look like a legitimate book with, you know, character development and such.

The only gripe I have about them is that many of them have rather flimsy bindings and fall apart after a few uses. (Although now companies are putting out HC versions of some of these titles, so that helps, but still....)

Although as a fan has pointed out, some of the volumes don't put issues in sequential order. The most notable examples I've seen are things like the Essential volumes, which collect large numbers of a particular title in one place, but which will also leave out certain issues. This can make for a confusing read. (And the Essential books are the worst offenders in terms of being poorly constructed -- I had two that fell apart on the second reading. Not a good investment for a library.)

I tried reading Age of Apocolypse vol 1 and 2...... man that confused me, that was all over the place, i heard that it was put out in the order that it first came out in, but i gave up on that, i'll just wait til all Volumes are out and try again

I tried reading Age of Apocolypse vol 1 and 2...... man that confused me, that was all over the place, i heard that it was put out in the order that it first came out in, but i gave up on that, i'll just wait til all Volumes are out and try again

They didn't print the trades in the order the issues were released but rather in the chronological order of the AoA universe. So some of the crappy back story titles that came out after the regular AoA series was done are some of the first stories in the trade. They really start readers new to AoA off on the wrong foot.

Not to overpimp, but 50% or more TPBs at the UC store (link at the top of this page), switching to trades is all the more attractive an option.

Not to overpimp, but 50% or more TPBs at the UC store (link at the top of this page), switching to trades is all the more attractive an option.
There's no such thing as overpimpin'.
Pimp20Grimace.jpg

I do hate spending money on paperback trades only to see nice leather bound hardbacks come out6 months later. Then when I try to sell the paperbacks I get jack squat for them. It's like they start depreciating in value as soon as they're purchased.

Latest posts

Back