Thoughts about Ult. Spider-Man villains

Ricky

Long post ahead. You have been warned...

1. Scarlet Spider:
I actually like the Idea of a Spiderman-clone swinging through New York. A Spiderman-clone, not a Peter-clone!
I see a (otherwise unrelated) teenager getting caught up in some genetic experiment, possibly with peter's dna/blood, who developes similar powers. He'd still live his own life, though, which should contrast strongly with Peter's. He could possibly have a loving father and mother, and three siblings.
He'd get a costume different from Spiderman (Scarlet Spider again...), and he'd be into it for the sheer thrill, the adventure, and the girl attraction.
He'd naturally blow his identity faster than anyone could look, and after nearly getting killed (Kingpin could kidnap the new kid's parents. The new guy walks into the trap, get's himself caught and is beaten up horribly, when Kingpin tries to get Spiderman's true identity; Peter helps out, saves the guy (who had been a real pain in the ass for him up to then)) he'd be recruted by Fury for his Ultimates.
As for his personality, just imagine a cross between The Human Torch and Geldorf (from 'Irresponsible').
2. Connor's:
A great character in my eyes. He's in REAL trouble (as you can see from the letter in ishue 61), and still he tries to do the right thing. Things probably didn't work out the way he hoped, though, with the clone/the future carnage. He (rightfully?) belives, Peter wouldn't agree with what his clone had become, and so he tries to hide it from him. He CAN'T just stop his project, because his very career depens on it now. All this makes him a truely interesting character in my eyes.
3. The Carnage Arc
The Clone will turn into Carnage, will go on a rampage, will probably kill Connor (remember the Cover with the Arm of the corpse) and Spidey will confront him, hunt him down and probably kill him. Ben Reiley will disappear after the end of the arc, because Bendis most likely intended him as an actuall name-joke.
4. Green Goblin/Spider-Villains
I won't mind knowing Norman Osborn in custody. I hate the guy who brought 616-Norman back from the dead, and this negative feelings influenced my view of Ultimate Norman as well. Further more, this character has had looots of screen time, a hell lot more than any other villain. I'n my opinion, it would be nice top concentrate on other villains for a while. Doc Ock has been done, recently, other's could follow.
As for Harry Osborn, well, I really hope Bendis will do more stuff with him before he eventuelly turns him into a Goblin as well. I'd actually like to see more villains without a direct connection to spidey, though. For that matter, I'd like to see a few villains on Kingpin's payroll. It'd make sense. He hates Spiderman, and the best chance to bring him down would be a sufficiently strong super-powered mercenary.

Well, I don't think the Scarlet Spider-Man should be any different than the one that has been introduced in the Carnage arc. Ben Reilly. I am honestly convinced that he will be used for something much more, quite possibly something Scarlet.

Also, he should be a villain... That would be interesting.

Yeah, I thought about that too, but if Scarlet Spider ended up working for S.H.I.E.L.D. afterwards, it would solve their need for Peter when he turns 18.

Not necessarily. Scarlet would just be another genetic flub up and Spider-Man would still need to brought in because he was the cause of this. That's why they have Green Goblin AND Ock in there.

I agree with Goodwill. I think even if SHIELD got Scarlet Spider working for them, theyde still take peter as well. 2 Super powered spider guys are better then 1

You got it. And Spider-Man was a mistake, too. That's why they want him. Scarlet could very well be a Reilly that WANTED the powers. Sure, SHIELD would want him, but it makes more sense to grab up and clean the mistake.

but it makes more sense to grab up and clean the mistake.

Especially since SHIELD is indirectly responsible.

Yup. I mean, NYC doesn't really like Spider-Man so when the cat is let outta the bag SHIELD is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

So what do you think S.H.I.E.L.D.'s duties will include when it comes to the new foreign super teams? What will the jurisdiction lines be? I remember Thor being out of country several times to help civilians. Would that now be violating international law?

I never really thought that Thor was a part of the team... He was just there when he needed to be. He could go anywhere.

Also, I don't think they will be putting international restrictions on these heroes... That would be insane! Millar would be writing himself a few holes to fall in if he did that!

Yeah, Thor isn't an official member of The Ultimates although he's probably viewed as one by most of the public, him always being there when the there's **** going down and all that.
Wait...why are we talking about The Ultimates and Millar's writing in a Spidey villains discussion?

Anyway...do you think SHIELD really destroyed Ock's arms at the end of USM #59? Or do you think they just want Ock to think that they did? It might be kinda cool to see a story a little further down the line where Ock builds a new harness and then trys to recreate the accident that originally bonded his tentacles to him in an attempt to recreate that bond with the new tentacles. Actually, if he was successful, that could also lead to the creation of another super-villain, ala The Green Goblin. Scorpion? Hogboblin, perhaps? Nah...
Or maybe SHIELD don't destroy the harness and they attempt to create a bond with one of their own people, and we end up with...well, I dunno.

This just came into my head as I was writing it. Then my brain farted. Cue the unspectacular conclusion of my theory/idea/thought/thingy. Damn brain...

Anyway...do you think SHIELD really destroyed Ock's arms at the end of USM #59? Or do you think they just want Ock to think that they did? It might be kinda cool to see a story a little further down the line where Ock builds a new harness and then trys to recreate the accident that originally bonded his tentacles to him in an attempt to recreate that bond with the new tentacles. Actually, if he was successful, that could also lead to the creation of another super-villain, ala The Green Goblin. Scorpion? Hogboblin, perhaps? Nah...

Hey I kindof like that idea!

I think SHIELD did destroy the arms - or at least they THINK they did. Bendis did say that Doc Ock won't be coming back anytime soon though, so who knows.

I really feel that they did and if Ock was going to come back, he and this other villain in SHIELD custody would break out (This other villain doing it for Ock) and they would work together and Ock would get his arms back by building them over.

Also, we need to start seeing random villains team-up and attack Peter... I want them to start learning they can't do it by themselves. Sure, they've had the Six, but I want more than that. I want a Venom/ Ock team-up or a Green Goblin/ Venom... SOMETHING.

Lastly, I notice a difference in the way the movie is portraying Spider-Man and how Ultimate Spidey is. Movie seems to be more the Rescuer whereas Ult. Spidey seems to be the I've got personal problems concerning suped up villains that I seek revenge on... That kinda thing, you notice that?

Latest posts

Back