Thundercats (Cartoon Network/Spoiers)

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
Wow, that was awful.

It just seemed to skip scenes, at one point the Cats are marching on their enemies, three missiles, and the whole town is completely in ruins and the army dead, everyone else is dead, but for the main characters.

What the hell? I'm so confused....

They had the opportunity to make the siege so much better, and they just didn't. It just kinda happened.

Maybe they just rushed out the beginning, maybe it will get better.

Who knows.

I want to like this, since I didn't like the original series, but it's hard for me to.

I think it's the little things that ruin it for me. Like Mumm-ra getting taken down easily despite being established as a giant threat, or Lion-O lying about the vision despite there being no apparent reason to.

I still think it's best to wait a bit, since it's clear that a status quo hasn't been established.

Wow, this is incredibly contrary to a review that I just read, which basically hails this as the best example of an 80's cartoon remake done right.

I liked it, I didn't think it was too hard to follow. Making Mumm-ra disguise himself as Panthro was pretty clever, and I like the characters and animation.

I loved it, I can't wait for more.
Wow, that was awful.

It just seemed to skip scenes, at one point the Cats are marching on their enemies, three missiles, and the whole town is completely in ruins and the army dead, everyone else is dead, but for the main characters.

What the hell? I'm so confused....

They had the opportunity to make the siege so much better, and they just didn't. It just kinda happened.

Maybe they just rushed out the beginning, maybe it will get better.

Who knows.

I didn't find it hard to follow. But it did seem rushed just like getting this set up out of the way.

Resevoir-Dogs-Meets-Thundercats.jpg

This show is absolutely awful. And I was hoping for it to be good, if only because I absolutely hated the old cartoon.

Characterization is often arbitrary -- Lion-O's wisdom and intelligence seems to change conveniently according to the needs of the episode's story -- and development is random. "This is my overwhelming character flaw, which I will suddenly overcome at around the 18 minute mark for no reason whatsoever. And that will be the moral lesson I will impart to our younger viewers!"

There are fun moments that come from the fact that the first six episodes have a Japanese RPG travelogue quality to them, but otherwise the heroes are morons. The only character being written sensibly is Snarf. But you know, he's an ANIMAL PET, so that's not a compliment. He exists mostly to usefully find things that the characters can't figure out. Simply put, Snarf is written decently because he's not supposed to be a sapient intelligent being, which is what Lion-O barely passes for.

This is what the new show has done. It has taken the most annoying character, Snarf, and made him marginally legitimate and taken all the characters from the old show who were marginally intelligent and made them into morons.

This show is absolutely awful. And I was hoping for it to be good, if only because I absolutely hated the old cartoon.

Characterization is often arbitrary -- Lion-O's wisdom and intelligence seems to change conveniently according to the needs of the episode's story -- and development is random. "This is my overwhelming character flaw, which I will suddenly overcome at around the 18 minute mark for no reason whatsoever. And that will be the moral lesson I will impart to our younger viewers!"

There are fun moments that come from the fact that the first six episodes have a Japanese RPG travelogue quality to them, but otherwise the heroes are morons. The only character being written sensibly is Snarf. But you know, he's an ANIMAL PET, so that's not a compliment. He exists mostly to usefully find things that the characters can't figure out. Simply put, Snarf is written decently because he's not supposed to be a sapient intelligent being, which is what Lion-O barely passes for.

This is what the new show has done. It has taken the most annoying character, Snarf, and made him marginally legitimate and taken all the characters from the old show who were marginally intelligent and made them into morons.

I'm glad someone agrees with me. I think this show is horrendous, and I've stopped watching cause of the gross mischaracterizations.

I agree with you on, like, every other episode. The stuff that's done with them learning about the past of Third Earth is pretty good I think, but then everyone takes stupid pills for the predictable "Moral Lesson" episodes, which are way too often.

This started last week here only seen first episode. Here is pros and cons

Pros

+ Snarf is so cute
+ Snarf falling into water after alarm = Hilarious
+ Lion-O / Cheetara possible romance
+ Some of the new history

Cons

- Lion-O's personality seems like Twlight's vampire meets Aladdin.
- Most character's new look (though WilyKit I like)
- Tygra and Lion-O been "brothers" seems stupid to me.
- Some of the new history (like not been from space)

So far It's better than i thought and I kind of like it. But it's too different to really be called "Thundercats" Hopefully gets better

Latest posts

Back