Time travel in the Ultimate universe

Langsta

Can anyone lend me some info about time travel in the Ultimate u? What are time spiders, for one thing?

THey featured in the president thor arc of fantastic four. Mark Miller put 'em in there and no one was too fussed. But we all noted how reed richards couldn't come into contact with himself, or the world will collapse....

....then cable came from the future and fought wolverine....I think there's a discussion if you look at the thread for that issue of Ult x-men

THey featured in the president thor arc of fantastic four. Mark Miller put 'em in there and no one was too fussed. But we all noted how reed richards couldn't come into contact with himself, or the world will collapse....

....then cable came from the future and fought wolverine....I think there's a discussion if you look at the thread for that issue of Ult x-men

I think I remember hearing about that. I thought they were going to explain it soon (Cable being able to come in contact with Wolverine).

I think I remember hearing about that. I thought they were going to explain it soon (Cable being able to come in contact with Wolverine).

And of course there's always a chance that Cable and Wolverine aren't in fact the same person.

Wolverine never actually touched him, or vice versa. It was all claws on skin (which is metal and not actually part of them) or Cable's prosthetic. Kirkman still screwed up with the Argiopes, though. Too ambiguous.

Time Travel is also really expensive, with the Fantastic Four able to justify it now and then, like with the Chrono-Bandits, or when they did it with the intention of undoing everything (pres. Thor). Even in what was the future of the Ultimate Universe before it split (Tomorrow People/Apocalypse Victorious Verse), which goes up to hundreds of years ahead of modern day, it's still very very done only when needed. It is, however, portable, or will be at some point in the future.

I know Robje in particular dislikes the FF ability to time travel at will, but it's much less simple than that.

Time Travel is also really expensive, with the Fantastic Four able to justify it now and then, like with the Chrono-Bandits, or when they did it with the intention of undoing everything (pres. Thor).
I imagine it's significantly more expensive than the millions of dollars that Nick Fury is purported to burn through when he goes on stealth mode.

Time travel in the UU...is impossible.

Here's why.

One of the fundamental rules of time travel is that you always go back to same space you were in when you made the timejump. So, if you went back in time a week, you would be in deep space thanks to Earth's orbit.

Normally, this problem can be avoided by combinding time travel technolegy with teleportation technology...but...

Not only is teleportation technolegy in the UU on indefinate haitus due to the screw-up that resulted in the UFF...but there was a time travel mission to prevent it from ever succeeding.

BOOM

Time travel in the UU...is impossible.

Here's why.

One of the fundamental rules of time travel is that you always go back to same space you were in when you made the timejump. So, if you went back in time a week, you would be in deep space thanks to Earth's orbit.

Normally, this problem can be avoided by combinding time travel technolegy with teleportation technology...but...

Not only is teleportation technolegy in the UU on indefinate haitus due to the screw-up that resulted in the UFF...but there was a time travel mission to prevent it from ever succeeding.

BOOM
Gosh, you're right.

DAMN YOU, MILLAR!

Latest posts

Back