TMNT Going Digital

jeremiahvedder

You guys have probably seen this at other boards, but I was wondering what you thought about Mirage changing their entire business model to revolve around digital distribution. I think it's awesome because that's what I do; I signed a contract earlier this year with Wowio to distribute my books and the first issue of DEAD: WITH DICK & JANE #1 went online a little over two weeks ago -- so, of course, I'm going to love the digital distribution thing... But what does everybody else think? Is digital distribution the wave of the future? What will it do for Mirage? Is this kind of stuff going to put LCS' out of business?

Wowio is awesome (Lullaby!) I think that this is a good move for them. As for the wave of the future, I could see it happening, but not for awhile.

You guys have probably seen this at other boards, but I was wondering what you thought about Mirage changing their entire business model to revolve around digital distribution. I think it's awesome because that's what I do; I signed a contract earlier this year with Wowio to distribute my books and the first issue of DEAD: WITH DICK & JANE #1 went online a little over two weeks ago -- so, of course, I'm going to love the digital distribution thing... But what does everybody else think? Is digital distribution the wave of the future? What will it do for Mirage? Is this kind of stuff going to put LCS' out of business?

Probably - I know a lot of people, including me, read comics digitally. However I also buy the trades.

I'm sure it's the future in some form, but I think Mirage is jumping the gun. Actually, I'm not sure it can be considered legitimate until there is some kind of standardization.

Congrats on your book, by the way. I'll try to check it out.

Thanks.

I think we'll see a shift in the next couple of years to digital floppies, and more of an emphasis on trade paperbacks and hardcovers. Like, floppies would still come out every week, but they'd only be available online and after the arc is over, would then come out in physical form as a trade/hardcover/etc.

Thanks.

I think we'll see a shift in the next couple of years to digital floppies, and more of an emphasis on trade paperbacks and hardcovers. Like, floppies would still come out every week, but they'd only be available online and after the arc is over, would then come out in physical form as a trade/hardcover/etc.

This is the only way I wouldn't mind something like this. If everything is GUARANTEED to be collected after digital publication.

Otherwise, down with technology! Burn the witches!

I'm just really excited to be able to read all those old TMNT books that I'm missing from my collection. I've got the entire run of the first volume from #8 up, as well as all of Volume 4, but am missing almost all incarnations of TALES, and am not from a place where I can find Volume 2 or 3 anywhere. Kansas is terrible for... Everything.

Latest posts

Back