Tomb Raider: Legends

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Yes!!!!! Lara is back!!!!

I mean the story is good...not great...but better than the last 2 games. But the real thrill is playing as Lara. Great inuitive control is back!!!! No more standing in front of a doorway and pressing the open button with no results.

This game.....so good.

A freind of mine will be happy to hear this, He's nuts for Tomb Raiser its rather un healthy

The combat leaves something to be desired. You can't stealth kill enemies and there are no hand-to-hand moves (so far...I'm still early on in the game so I don't know if I get to upgrade or buy anything later).

The only thing I can do is pull out my pistols and blast away. Fortunately...the combat aspect of this game is small. It concentrates more on exploring, puzzle solving and 3-D platforming.

The controls for platforming are kinda like a cross between God of War and Prince of Persia. Not as fluid as PoP...but not clunky like GoW.

So far so good. Plus....call me stupid oe whatever...but I find this Lara to be more aesthically pleasing. She's still quite buxom...but more believable.

I might be getting this game free with my psp when i get that soon.

Ugh. I downloaded the demo of this and it was awful. Run of the mill graphics and textures, atrocious combat, fantastically clunky and lazy controls and handling, ridiculously dumb and unoriginal puzzles. These games had the potential to be the closest thing to playing as Indiana Jones (except for the Indy games that is), especially with this much hyped 'revamped' installment, but as far as I'm concerned, the oppurtunity was utterly wasted.

In case you haven't guessed, I have no love for Lara Croft. Give me Gordon Freeman any day of the week.

Last edited:
Fuzzy Birds said:
Ugh. I downloaded the demo of this and it was awful. Run of the mill graphics and textures, atrocious combat, fantastically clunky and lazy controls and handling, ridiculously dumb and unoriginal puzzles. These games had the potential to be the closest thing to playing as Indiana Jones (except for the Indy games that is), especially with this much hyped 'revamped' installment, but as far as I'm concerned, the oppurtunity was utterly wasted.
For me, that's how every Tomb Raider game was. I never bought one, but I've been watching those I know who have the games play them.

Fuzzy Birds said:

I never said it was a great game. Just a good game..........compared to the last couple games.

ultimatedjf said:
I prefer Tomb Raider when she goes by the alias of Angelina Jolie.

Worst.Movie.Ever. :sick:

Victor Von Doom said:
I never said it was a great game. Just a good game..........compared to the last couple games.

I'll give you that. But then, compared to the last couple Tomb Raiders, Minesweeper is an unsurpassable achievement in graphics and gameplay.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I'll give you that. But then, compared to the last couple Tomb Raiders, Minesweeper is an unsurpassable achievement in graphics and gameplay.

See....and here I thought Solitaire was better... :?

Fuzzy Birds said:
Watch them make a Minesweeper movie

Victor Von Doom said:
Not as hot as everyone thinks she is...
You know a few years ago I would of agreed, but in the past year I've found her to be hotter and hotter.

This was advertised everywhere at the EB I went to today.

ProjectX2 said:
This was advertised everywhere at the EB I went to today.

Anyways to get this back on track...

It's not a bad game. If you're a fan (and by that I mean hardcore) of the Tomb Raider series---then its def worth a buy. If not...just a rental.

It's kinda like The Matrix: Path of Neo for the Tomb Raider series. Not the best game......but not as bad as others.

Latest posts

Back