Top Cow Pilot Season

ourchair

Has anybody heard of this one?

Top Cow, the studio that brought you such scantily clad characters as Witchblade & Fathom has initiated 'Pilot Season', a set of one-shot issues featuring under-used Top Cow characters... and whether or not they plan to turn these into series will depend on sales. Think of it as Apparat turned marketing gimmick.

Jason Aaron of The Other Side and Scalped will be writing Ripclaw with Jorge Lucas handling the art chores. Joe Casey of WildC.A.T.s 3.0 and[ I]Automatic Kafka[/I] will be doing Velocity with art by Kevin Maguire. Cyblade will be illustrated by Rick Mays of Kabuki and Livewires fame and written by Joshua Hale Fialkov of Elk's Run and Fused!. There're three other books, but I'm sure you guys know how to Google.

I just found out about this and am still deciding whether I will or will not check this out as I have a (barely) passing interest in the characters, simply because Marc Silvestri's Cyberforce was one of two Image books I used to collect as a teenager. Not that they were very good, but still.

No I wasn't, it was just odd to me

They talk about how these will update some characters and whatnot, then they go and cancel one before it has a chance. Weird stuff.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Necromancer one. She seemed like an interesting character, the rest of them I don't care about.

Has anybody heard of this one?

Top Cow, the studio that brought you such scantily clad characters as Witchblade & Fathom has initiated 'Pilot Season', a set of one-shot issues featuring under-used Top Cow characters... and whether or not they plan to turn these into series will depend on sales. Think of it as Apparat turned marketing gimmick.

Jason Aaron of The Other Side and Scalped will be writing Ripclaw with Jorge Lucas handling the art chores. Joe Casey of WildC.A.T.s 3.0 and[ I]Automatic Kafka[/I] will be doing Velocity with art by Kevin Maguire. Cyblade will be illustrated by Rick Mays of Kabuki and Livewires fame and written by Joshua Hale Fialkov of Elk's Run and Fused!. There're three other books, but I'm sure you guys know how to Google.

I just found out about this and am still deciding whether I will or will not check this out as I have a (barely) passing interest in the characters, simply because Marc Silvestri's Cyberforce was one of two Image books I used to collect as a teenager. Not that they were very good, but still.

Automatic Kafka gave me nightmares.

I think I had the pilot or whatever of Ripclaw because Jason Aarons is the next big thing. I might check out Velocity...

I didn't even know these were former Top Cow characters. I thought they were all original.

07-necromance.jpg

Latest posts

Back