Trial of Magneto (Speculation)

ProjectX2 said:
You're an Australian dude somewhere in Europe. You don't know much anymore...

8)

Haha, in denmark there are a few comic shops ! You just have to look carefully :p

But what language are they in? Cad might not be able to read them...

Anybody remember that Magneto's been on Trial before?

uncanny200.jpg

This is what happened in that issue:

"Magneto has been transferred to Paris where his trial is taking place if front of the International Court of Justice, trigerring an uproar across the world from both pro-mutant and anti-mutant protesters.The X-Men and the New Mutants return from Asgard where they fought Loki, Thor's half-brother. With the New Mutants safe on Muir Island, a dying Xavier begs Cyclops to find those who have been orchestrating terrorist attacks across europe on behalf of the X-Men and of Magneto : Magneto's cause is the cause of all mutants. While the anti-mutant hysteria spreads on, Magneto's trial is going on with an hysterical Jaspers trying to prove the court that Magneto is the lowest kind of scum who ever lived on earth.Eventually, the X-Men discover the guilty parts behind those terrorost attacks : Wolfgang von Strucker's children, aka Fenris, out to settle an old score that their father has with Magneto and Xavier. Magneto realises that there is always a time when past errors of judgement come back to bite you in the behind. After Fenris is neutralised, Xavier, dying from a heart attack, manages to have Magneto as his successor as head of Xavier School before being taken away by Corsair and Lilandra, who sensed her lover's bad health through their mindlink. Back in New York, Madelyne Pryor is about to give birth."

(stolen graciously from uncannyxmen.net)

Since we're pretty damned sure that Magneto is responsible for his Actions, I'm betting Xavier plays around with the Jury and Judge to convict him to rehabilitation at Xavier's Institute. I think that if Emma Frost really is coming back with the New Mutants/Generation X, Magneto would make an even better co-teacher than Banshee... and It would be nice to see the school slowly turn into... well... a school. Magneto's not going to become good, but I bet Charles could ... convince him to teach the next generation of Mutants, so they can develop their own views.....

It'd also be nice to see the Fenris Twins be involved.

But yeah, its very important to remember that Magneto had the president wimpering at his feet. Hulk killed two-hundred people, Magneto almost killed the president. actuallly, I wouldnt be surprised if people dont want him executed. He is a figure-head, an opposition to Xavier's dream, but still a Leader in the strongest sense. His death would have the international Brotherhoods up in arms against America. Highly controlled conformation i think is the most likely path, possibly with Xavier limiting the strength of his Power with mind-blocks (like he did with Jean Grey's Telepathy).

Either way, he's not going to die any time soon, and Id suspect they take the route similarish to the original series.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Anybody remember that Magneto's been on Trial before?

uncanny200.jpg

This is what happened in that issue:

"Magneto has been transferred to Paris where his trial is taking place if front of the International Court of Justice, trigerring an uproar across the world from both pro-mutant and anti-mutant protesters.The X-Men and the New Mutants return from Asgard where they fought Loki, Thor's half-brother. With the New Mutants safe on Muir Island, a dying Xavier begs Cyclops to find those who have been orchestrating terrorist attacks across europe on behalf of the X-Men and of Magneto : Magneto's cause is the cause of all mutants. While the anti-mutant hysteria spreads on, Magneto's trial is going on with an hysterical Jaspers trying to prove the court that Magneto is the lowest kind of scum who ever lived on earth.Eventually, the X-Men discover the guilty parts behind those terrorost attacks : Wolfgang von Strucker's children, aka Fenris, out to settle an old score that their father has with Magneto and Xavier. Magneto realises that there is always a time when past errors of judgement come back to bite you in the behind. After Fenris is neutralised, Xavier, dying from a heart attack, manages to have Magneto as his successor as head of Xavier School before being taken away by Corsair and Lilandra, who sensed her lover's bad health through their mindlink. Back in New York, Madelyne Pryor is about to give birth."

(stolen graciously from uncannyxmen.net)

Since we're pretty damned sure that Magneto is responsible for his Actions, I'm betting Xavier plays around with the Jury and Judge to convict him to rehabilitation at Xavier's Institute. I think that if Emma Frost really is coming back with the New Mutants/Generation X, Magneto would make an even better co-teacher than Banshee... and It would be nice to see the school slowly turn into... well... a school. Magneto's not going to become good, but I bet Charles could ... convince him to teach the next generation of Mutants, so they can develop their own views.....

It'd also be nice to see the Fenris Twins be involved.

But yeah, its very important to remember that Magneto had the president wimpering at his feet. Hulk killed two-hundred people, Magneto almost killed the president. actuallly, I wouldnt be surprised if people dont want him executed. He is a figure-head, an opposition to Xavier's dream, but still a Leader in the strongest sense. His death would have the international Brotherhoods up in arms against America. Highly controlled conformation i think is the most likely path, possibly with Xavier limiting the strength of his Power with mind-blocks (like he did with Jean Grey's Telepathy).

Either way, he's not going to die any time soon, and Id suspect they take the route similarish to the original series.
Wow...I forgot about that issue in 616. My brother owns it too.

*slaps self on head*

Dr.Strangefate said:

I only skimmed the summary and didn't see anything mentioning this...but are those metal cuffs? :sure:

Hmm....I doubt they are. They probably just look like they're metal. All I know this was the time where Mags led the X-Men.

That's extremely interesting that you bring up Xavier controlling the court into letting him off... To me, that's the only way we're going to see him get off alive. Good thoughts! :)

icemastertron said:
Well, do we still think there's going to be a trial for our dear old Mags? :wink:

Not this time...

But yes, eventually i do think there will be a trial

i thought when they bring magneto back he was breaking out. not getting a trial

fantomex said:
i thought when they bring magneto back he was breaking out. not getting a trial

Thats what probably is going to happen, but im just saying that later on, in a few years, they'll catch him again.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Thats what probably is going to happen, but im just saying that later on, in a few years, they'll catch him again.
oh sorry about that.

Nah, theres really no way they can keep magneto in a cell long enough to hold a trial. The guys just way too powerful. I mean, its not like the banner trial where they can suppress his powers, remiember the guys so powerful, he BROKE IN to the ultimates base and took them all out just to punish his children (ultimate war). if that aint cocky i dont know what is.

elfreo said:
Nah, theres really no way they can keep magneto in a cell long enough to hold a trial. The guys just way too powerful. I mean, its not like the banner trial where they can suppress his powers, remiember the guys so powerful, he BROKE IN to the ultimates base and took them all out just to punish his children (ultimate war). if that aint cocky i dont know what is.

I agree. And IMO I think this breakout is long overdue. Magneto is one of the most powerful mutants in the world and it would take a lot of careful planning to hold him like they are.

In other news I think this thread should be closed or merged..

I think they could definitely hold Magneto in his cell for a while. Not only have they stripped him of any kind of metal in his general area, but it seems like they are manipulating him when they are giving him enough air conditioning or food. It's definitely possible.

Goodwill said:
I think they could definitely hold Magneto in his cell for a while. Not only have they stripped him of any kind of metal in his general area, but it seems like they are manipulating him when they are giving him enough air conditioning or food. It's definitely possible.
It really is. Yes, this guy broke into the Trisk, but that doesn't mean anything when he's in it and kept at bay. They can hold Mags long enough for a trial. They'd more than likely do a same scenario as with the Banner, and keep Magneto in his cell while the trial goes on, though I doubt they'd have any camera in Mageneto's vicinity.

icemastertron said:
It really is. Yes, this guy broke into the Trisk, but that doesn't mean anything when he's in it and kept at bay. They can hold Mags long enough for a trial. They'd more than likely do a same scenario as with the Banner, and keep Magneto in his cell while the trial goes on, though I doubt they'd have any camera in Mageneto's vicinity.

ture, but there's one thing magneto has that banner didn't, and thats connections. im sure the guys got the brotherhood ready to strike at the right moment or something like that. and theres always the possibality that xavier might be communicating with magneto, trying to plan a escape or something.

elfreo said:
ture, but there's one thing magneto has that banner didn't, and thats connections. im sure the guys got the brotherhood ready to strike at the right moment or something like that. and theres always the possibality that xavier might be communicating with magneto, trying to plan a escape or something.
The only person I can see actually succeding breaking Mags out is Mystique. The others....no way.

And no way in hell would Xavier plan an escape with Magneto.

Mystique maybe, we need to see her ultimate version yet. Xavier could if the circumstances were right. There'd need to be a reason but...he could do it. Also, Polaris remains a big possibility.

Latest posts

Back