Trial of Magneto (Speculation)

Caduceus said:
Mystique maybe, we need to see her ultimate version yet. Xavier could if the circumstances were right. There'd need to be a reason but...he could do it. Also, Polaris remains a big possibility.

I can realy see Polaris doing it. It would make sense from the solation. I dont believe that Prof. X would do it at all. Though Xavier might do it if it was for something big. I agree with Caduceus on this, maybe Mystique.

Onrng said:
I can realy see Polaris doing it.
Perhaps I should refine my statement further. I don't think Polaris will do it but I think she COULD do it.

Well, to say that Mystique is the one responsible isn't original and, in my opinion, would be something not worth the money. Just how many times are we going to see this happen? Sure, she's on a pretty high rung on the ladder when it comes to the Brotherhood, but what do you say we give it to a little guy? Toad, for instance, I think, would make a better story...

Anyway, I'm convinced it's Polaris. I really like the theory that MwoF and I came up with that Magneto could somehow control her because of the similarities in powers they both share. I think that this would explain the "accident" and it would be the kind of original story that would stick out among all of the cheap escape stories.

We aren't saying its going to be specifically someone, more that its COULD be someone

So am I, I'm just convinced that it's Polaris and I'm giving a reason I'm not going with all of you guys without sounding snotty about it. ;)

I'm still all for Mystique playing a bad girl but after #58 I'm pretty sure Syndacite is not the only X-shadow operative out there.

Everyone who wants Xavier to go all dark on us definitely want him to break Magneto out. But honestly, how much sense does that even make? Unless Magneto's to be executed, which is a tired storyline, there's no reason for Xavier to piss off SHIELD and try to break Magneto out. Especially after what he did in the RotK arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Everyone who wants Xavier to go all dark on us definitely want him to break Magneto out. But honestly, how much sense does that even make? Unless Magneto's to be executed, which is a tired storyline, there's no reason for Xavier to piss off SHIELD and try to break Magneto out. Especially after what he did in the RotK arc.
I don't want him to try and break him out now. I like bad Xavier but there's no reason for him to do it NOW. If there was a reason though, I strongly suspect he could.

Well, Ultimate Xavier, to me, is bad, but not to the point where he'd become a villain. I think his powers are consuming him, in a sense that he's got so much of it that he can't help but feel like one of the most powerful people, both because of his powers and because his connections, regardless of whether or not they are valid friendships or enemies. He's just playing his cards a little more aggressively than his 616 counterpart.

roguefan said:
Ultimate Xavier is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY cooler than 616 Xavier

Agreed, although I still think we haven't seen what he his truly capable of... Which probably makes him cooler to a lot of people, including myself.

Latest posts

Back