Twin Peaks

Sacred&Profane

The forefather of shows like LOST and The X-Files, Twin Peaks is a murder mystery, soap-opera, and a brilliant take on the secrets found beneath normal, every-day life. From the brilliant, bizarre mind of director David Lynch, Twin Peaks may be one of the all time-greatest television dramas of all time.

Has anyone else watched this incredible show? I'm sure some of the older members must remember when the show was originally aired, as groundbreaking as it was.

I'll admit that while a lot of people a few years older than me where into this show, I never got into it if only because the show never got syndicated here.

The local network, ABS-CBN, just ran through it and then when it was done it never showed up again.

There's a great network here called Crime/Suspense which licenses all the great American thrillers and procedurals and sci-fi fare and they started running The X-Files daily since January 1. Hopefully that means they'll consider running Twin Peaks as well, as it totally fits into their programming.

I've heard a lot about the show, but never have seen it. I've made several attempts to DL it, without success. I can't justify going out and buying DVD's of it without seeing it (and I've heard the DVD's are either expensive, hard to find, and don't contain all the episodes aired).

love this series. Bought the first season on dvd. Dont bother with the second season.

love this series. Bought the first season on dvd. Dont bother with the second season.

. While all the episodes past 2.10 weren't as good as those before (owing to the loss of David Lynch, I think), they're still worth a watch. If only to be up-to-speed on the season 2 finale, which marked the return of David Lynch and excellence to the show. Cliffhanger aside, it's by far one of the best episodes of the series.

. While all the episodes past 2.10 weren't as good as those before (owing to the loss of David Lynch, I think), they're still worth a watch. If only to be up-to-speed on the season 2 finale, which marked the return of David Lynch and excellence to the show. Cliffhanger aside, it's by far one of the best episodes of the series.
I :heart: David Lynch.

And I say that as someone who still doesn't completely understand the entirety of Inland Empire.

I love this show so hard.

Special Agent Dale Cooper is the best character in anything ever.

Indeed.

That it makes you so hard makes ME hard.

And yet I don't know why.

Curious.

Write all possible awnsers to this question on a blackboard and then throw rocks at a bottle while someone calls the awnsers out to you.

I still need to watch the second season, and i'm nervous with all this talk about it being nowhere as good as the first.

Such talk makes me a sad doctor.

I still need to watch the second season, and i'm nervous with all this talk about it being nowhere as good as the first.

Such talk makes me a sad doctor.

If you love Cooper, you should have no problem watching the second season.

I think the best cameo appearance is David Lynch as Coop's boss.
That man makes me shake uncontrollably.

owls.jpg

The Owls Are Not What They Seem!

I forgot where I was up to this series. Somewhere in Season 2.

I just picked it up again. I have 7 episodes left and the movie. I am determined to finish it within the next week.

I have downloaded the whole series and have begun to watch it again since I never finished it when I was renting it...

Agent Cooper is still fantastic.

I decided to start rewatching this since Showtime is going to continue it and Kyle MacLachlan has been stealing every scene in Agents of SHIELD has caused me to miss it. I still haven't seen Fire Walk With Me (heard it was awful) but I really forgot how creepy and just unsettling this show gets. Hopefully the rrevival will lead to a new series.

Last edited:
FWWM is certainly not awful, but it's nowhere near the show's level of brilliance. I'd call it unneccessary. Mostly it shows stuff we already knew from the show, plus introduces a few new things but doesn't follow up on them (apparently Lynch was planning several follow-up movies to do that, but it never happened). Of course if those plotlines are present in the 2016 show, the movie suddenly becomes a lot more interesting. Would be especially cool if David Bowie made an appearance.

Last edited:
FWWM is certainly not awful, but it's nowhere near the show's level of brilliance. I'd call it unneccessary. Mostly it shows stuff we already knew from the show, plus introduces a few new things but doesn't follow up on them (apparently Lynch was planning several follow-up movies to do that, but it never happened). Of course if those plotlines are present in the 2016 show, the movie suddenly becomes a lot more interesting. Would be especially cool if David Bowie made an appearance.

I heard FWWM was like a prequel and a sequel though. The show's taking place 25 years later. Which is also when Cooper's dream happened...Hmmm

Latest posts

Back