UFF Loose Ends

Goodwill

There's a lot going on with our favorite family of four, but there is stuff that seems to be sitting on the back burner. Stuff that, if Millar and Bendis were still on the title, would alter the title in the long run. For instance, Reed's family... He's got a sister that he didn't in 616 that wants to travel into the N-Zone, too. Will she ever get that oppurtunity? Reed's father and his relationship seemed to be widdling away after Reed enlisted into the Baxter Building... Where would that have gone had it not for Warren Ellis taking over? Atlantis. The vast ancient and ruined lost continent revealed to be fact rather than myth. Where will that storyline go if anywhere at all? There are animals out there that no one on the surface world could imagine... Are there more?

What do you all think?

The stuff about Reed's family doesn't really need to be expanded on...it's almost like a former life and served it's purpose as a setup for how Reed got the the Baxter Building. That's his life now; his dad and sister don't really need to be used anymore, and it seems to me like bringing them back into his life would only clutter up the book when there is plenty of other aspects of the F4 to explore.

It would be nice to see their return for character development. This is supposed to be a family team.

Right... Maybe Reed attempts to introduce Sue to his family and things don't go right... Maybe we can see Ben's family and there immediate reaction to his transformation. There are a lot of things that can be done with their family. I mean, when they get famous (like they should) their families may wanna cash.

That can make the book quite intresting as not just to see how their families react to them, but how they react back to those reactions.

They could be interesting, but the series is so new and there's so much to explore and establish that I'd rather they kept it on the backburner.

Right... 'S why, when they run out of fresh ideas, they have these to fall back on. Thus the reason I started the thread...

But is the Baxter Building home to the Four alone, or do you think the kids will return when the commotion calms down. (between UXM and UFF we are on a shortage of kids)

But is the Baxter Building home to the Four alone, or do you think the kids will return when the commotion calms down.

Good question. Bringing them back and making Reed, Sue, et al like teachers would give the book a very "New X-Men" feel.

Yeah, I don't think I would like that. Don't you think it would take away from them being scientists by themselves? The kids could make an interesting reapperance, however, I don't think it should be a school... If I were a betting man, I would say that we'll see that soon in UXM.

It would be nice to see the Baxter Building to develop into a school at some point down the road, but the Four are still young themselves, and definitely don't have a perfect safety record. The thought of a whole building to your disposal I think would need more personnel or students to help maintain the reason it was created in the first place: a gov't think-tank.

Don't you think it would take away from them being scientists by themselves?

Does being a professor at a university take the person playing professor out of their field? Not at all.

Back