Ult. Erik the Red idea

compound

Erik Shakari is an English comedian of Lebanese descent. He becomes popular after creating a comedy persona known as Davan, a reporter from Latveria who sports a thick moustasche and gaudy red suit. He sometimes interviews famous people, using this persona, such as representatives of the Shi'Ar cult, or S.H.I.E.L.D. representative Betty Ross. However, most of the time, he harasses ordinary people with his faux offensive views, in the hope of making them reveal their own prejudices. His film, Davan: Lessons in America Society for Purpose of Uplift Great Nation of Latveria, brings him great success.

However, the Latverian government doesn't think it's so funny, and they hire the mercenary Deadpool to kill Shakari (whom he refers to as "Ketchup", in a nod to the "Juggernaut, *****!" cartoon).

In turn, Shakari hires bounty hunter Silver Sable to protect him -- and proceeds to completely piss her off and make crude remarks about her, at every opportunity, knowing that she is under his contractual employment.

Things get even messier, when actress Millie Collins (an Ultimate version of Millie the Model) -- who was humiliated in Shakari's movie, allegedly destroying her marriage in the process -- hires Arcade to kill Shakari too.

A three-way chase across New York ensues.

The story ends with Sable warding off the other hired guns, and successfully bringing Shakari to safety. She then gets in touch with Deadpool's contact in the Latverian Ministry of External Affairs -- offering to kill Shakari herself, if they match the price they offered to Wade.

Last edited:
Well its the Ultimate version of Borat.
Um, I think Random noticed that, and he was just being snarky.

Anyway, if Random was actually referring to the idea of various hired mercs duking it out to kill or rescue an uncooperative client, the idea itself is admittedly a cliche. It's not meant to be anything ground-breaking; just a fun way to use some of the more under-utilized characters from the Ultimate Universe (specifcially, those with similar gimmicks and abilities) and have them compete with each other.

Um, I think Random noticed that, and he was just being snarky.

Anyway, if Random was actually referring to the idea of various hired mercs duking it out to kill or rescue an uncooperative client, the idea itself is admittedly a cliche. It's not meant to be anything ground-breaking; just a fun way to use some of the more under-utilized characters from the Ultimate Universe (specifcially, those with similar gimmicks and abilities) and have them compete with each other.

The only question is would Latveria start international incident over one comedian?

Does he want sexytime with Betty Ross?

The only question is would Latveria start international incident over one comedian?
Plausible deniability.

They raise the issue publically of their outrage at Shakari's performance -- just as the Kazakstani government has done with Sascha Baron-Cohen, in "real life" -- then covertly hire Deadpool to take him out.

A professional like Wade would not be likely to get caught, under ordinary circumstances.

Arcade isn't a merc in the UU, just a game designer that knows how fight with various firearms.
I realize that. I guess, when I said that he was "hired" by Millie, what I really meant was that he's doing a paid favor for another member of the entertainment industry -- one that he may have worked with before; possibly, she was a talent in one of his video games.

Does he want sexytime with Betty Ross?
Yes, and then when he finish, he make love explosion on her stemmech.

Latest posts

Back