Ult. Spider-Man #63 cover...

E

Excelsior Club
Here's the cover to Ultimate Spider-Man #63:

ULTSM063.jpg

Anyone hazard to guess who's arm that is? Could be Curt Connors, since he is in this arc...I wouldn't automatically guess that it's the arm of a dead man.

Isn´t Connors right arm missing? Since thats a right-arm on the cover, it´s probably not Connors. Unless... its his MISSING right arm! :shock:

supermusli said:
Isn´t Connors right arm missing? Since thats a right-arm on the cover, it´s probably not Connors. Unless... its his MISSING right arm! :shock:

:lol:

in any event, the hand looks to manly to be gwen's, so maybe she makes it through this arc after all.

Maybe it´s Ultimate Ben Reillys arm. Could mean he doesn´t live through the arc, and thus we never get a silly Ultimate Scarlet Spider... ever!

I actually like Gwen. She´s a bit nuts sure, but i would hate to see her die like her 616 counterpart.

Cool cover....Kinda emotional the way he's holding onto that limp arm.

UltimateE said:
Here's the cover to Ultimate Spider-Man #63:

ULTSM063.jpg

Anyone hazard to guess who's arm that is? Could be Curt Connors, since he is in this arc...I wouldn't automatically guess that it's the arm of a dead man.

At Wizard World Quesada told us that it's just that.

Miken_Ayers said:
At Wizard World Quesada told us that it's just that.

Did he say anything else about it or this arc?

I just think it's hilarious that one of the most hated storylines in the history of the spider-man mythos (the clone saga) is being included by Bendis into the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Ben Reilly?!?!? Bendis is sooo crazy. I'm really looking forward to this storyline.

As far as the arm, staying on topic, I'm shooting for Curt's arm.

Reilly is supposed to be a black man, I heard, so I think that discounts him for being the one with the arm on the cover of #63. Also, I would actually like to see an Ultimate Scarlet Spider, only I would rather him be a villain rather than an ally. Or maybe he could be a villain briefly and become an ally after that? Who knows, but having Ultimate Ben Reilly around should make things interesting.

I'd say it is just a representation of Gwen's death... It's just an arm, right? It doesn't have to have a gender. :)

It would even be cool to see the Scarlet Spider possibly me considered for a roster spot on the Ultimates. That way, since Fury has his "Spiderman" he doesn't have to take Peter when he turns 18.

POSSIBLE #61 SPOILER

I'd be really surprised to see an Ultimate Scarlet Spider. Bendis just doesn't write stories like that. After #61 we know that Reilly is indeed Connors' ass't and it looks like we're not going to get a 'clone' of Peter per se.

OK, here it goes:

SPOILER! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! :wink:

Peter is sick with a cold/flu and misses school. Ben Reilly happens on Connors in the lab, asleep, and notices Peter's DNA sample under the microscope. He sees that it's like nothing he's seen before and asks Connors about it, but Connors keeps his mouth shut and says it's too early to tell people about it. Connors calls up Peter, who is sick, and asks to talk to him. He obviously can't visit Peter so Peter meets him in a cafe and Connors asks Peter's permission to experiment with his DNA, promising him half of anything tha tmight come of it. Peter agrees.

Two months later, and Spidey is breaking up a fight with Punisher and a villian who robbed a bank (can't remember if it's anyone special; I don't have it in front of me..regardless Punisher doesn't do too much except shhot at the guy and get webbed up). Afterward Peter notices a scratch on his back and goes back to Connors for him to stitch it up. He wants to see the experiment but Connors says to wait till tomorrow because he's got a thing with his son. Peter leaves and Connors goes to check up on it. Reilly is back there, they discuss it a little, and after they leave the thing kind of takes form and it's "heart" looks like it starts beating.

Hmm... This is interesting, but does anyone see kind of an awekward change in the relationship between Peter and Connors so far? I mean, the Venom arc showed his drunked side, but Doc Connors is sort of a villain even when he isn't the Lizard. Why is Peter trusting him like this?

Well so far we're 2 books in and Connors has shown nothing but noble intentions. No hints of any ill intent. You know how sometimes when no one is looking a character will get this sly look on his face? None of that even. Plus remember twice now Peter has been able to come to him for medical assistance (plus he knows that Connors isn't a bad guy or villian, but when he is the Lizard he's just a mindless animal).

Well, I guess you are right but if issue 39 is anything to go by, I would say that Peter and Connors wouldn't have been allies in the future. Even as a drunk man he was saying somethings that shouldn't have warranted a friendship. Even if he knows he is only dangerous when the Lizard, Peter shouldn't trust him like this.

Latest posts

Back