Ultimate Adventures Vol. 1: One Tin Soldier Discussion (Spoilers)

I may get it. I want to collect the whole Ultimate universe.

I read the mini and liked it,but a lotta people didn't.It was thheir attempt at an original Ultimate heroe.Speaking of which Hawk-Owl's probly on Fury's team from the Annual.I really liked this series,has an old school Batman And Robin feeling to it.Enjoy

Edit:Great scene with Cap.The series was based around rhe time of Ultimates Vol1#'s 6-8

Patriot said:
I read the mini and liked it,but a lotta people didn't.It was thheir attempt at an original Ultimate heroe.Speaking of which Hawk-Owl's probly on Fury's team from the Annual.I really liked this series,has an old school Batman And Robin feeling to it.Enjoy

Edit:Great scene with Cap.The series was based around rhe time of Ultimates Vol1#'s 6-8

Agreed and seconded. It was a fun story, with a few parts that were a little out there, but all in all it was a good read and I would recommend it.

Good idea picking Hawk-Owl for Fury's team - I hadn't thought of that.

UltimateE said:
Good idea picking Hawk-Owl for Fury's team - I hadn't thought of that.

Only occured to me when I started talking about the series,no genius involved

Hawk-owl is Ultimate Batman....

but it works, its not just like a cheesey thing... its actually really good.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's coming out this week and I'm pretty unfamiliar with it. It's got the "Ultimate" label so I'll be getting it. Can someone tell me a little bit about it? Should I take it seriously?
It really depends.

If you're willing to accept it for something that just HAPPENS to be tangentially related to the Ultimate universe, then I'm sure you can enjoy it. Looking past its superficial trappings, which often lead people to assume its just a simple minded Batman parody, you'll enjoy a genuinely solid and quirky tale which also happens to feature the oddest supervillain origin story.

Its basically about how a stubbornly defiant orphan boy gets taken under the wing of the most thoughtless billionaire in Chicago, who also happens to be the strangest crusader of the night: Hawk-Owl!

Honestly, I liked the series, which to my mind, is not really an Ultimate book so much as it is some quirky little side project by Ron Zimmerman with art by Duncan Fegredo (better known for work on Clerks comics, and lesser known for his work with Pete Milligan on Face).

TheManWithoutFear said:
So it's all good xept for the name of the hero?
Yup, that, and how outrageous the main villain's gimmick is. But I won't discuss/spoil THAT, until more people have begun to discuss the story itself. :p

compound said:
Yup, that, and how outrageous the main villain's gimmick is. But I won't discuss/spoil THAT, until more people have begun to discuss the story itself. :p

I propose banning discussion of the story/plot until the trades released.Any seconds?

I know it doesn't make much sense considering it was already a mini but a lotta ppl ain't read it.

Patriot said:
I propose banning discussion of the story/plot until the trades released.Any seconds?

I know it doesn't make much sense considering it was already a mini but a lotta ppl ain't read it.
How about a show of hands on who actually read it. That's you, me and compound, and who else? I dont think it's going to be difficult since there're so few of us around to actually discuss it now.

ourchair said:
How about a show of hands on who actually read it. That's you, me and compound, and who else? I dont think it's going to be difficult since there're so few of us around to actually discuss it now.

E and Doc Strangefate also.

Patriot said:

In this thread, anyway, since it is not marked for spoilers. Motion carried. :D

And yes, I've read it too.

I read the first issue. I will pick this up.

This is a good , solid read. It pretty much is Ultimate Batman, just less dark with a goofy Batman, Robin and Joker. Definetly for the Ultimate completist. (I got it when it came out since I had this desire to have the entire Ultimate U. It's nice when you have the COMPLETE story. :D )

Latest posts

Back