Ultimate Aunt May

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm starting this thread because I have a question I want to ask. The thread's open to any discussion on the character.

When the hell do you guys think Aunt May is going to wise up and at least start being suspicious about what Peter's doing?

Good question. I dont think she's going to find out that Peter and Spider-Man are the same person. She's too busy trying to keep food on the table to try and figure that out. She might think that he's out to see MJ or just going out. The only way I see May finding out that Peter and Spider-Man are the same is if Peter tells her.

Well, the way things are shaping up, I'm not seeing her wisdom become clear for quite some time. I mean, she's as much a victim as Peter right now and I don't believe that with age comes knowledge, really. I think she's in the same boat and I like the relationship of relativity and realism between them right now. Let's keep it that way.

Aunt may is viewing petes issues as just a teenage crisis, she has high respect for pete and is trying to keep him in line...from what we know, she fears spider-man and i doubt it would cross her mind that pete would be the very thing she fears... her fear is blinding her from realizing the truth..

The Captain said:
Aunt may is viewing petes issues as just a teenage crisis, she has high respect for pete and is trying to keep him in line...from what we know, she fears spider-man and i doubt it would cross her mind that pete would be the very thing she fears... her fear is blinding her from realizing the truth..

Good point.

I just think her character is getting extremely old without any progressiveness. I mean, like captain said, she doesn't know for a reason. But I can't feel for a character this stupid.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good point.

I just think her character is getting extremely old without any progressiveness. I mean, like captain said, she doesn't know for a reason. But I can't feel for a character this stupid.

be glad this isnt the original aunt may.....but the dumbness of her character was tolerable, but you can tell stan milked the old and fragile concept of her for years..

but ultimate aunt may has character, you can feel that she is a person and not just some crutch for pete. He doesnt worry about aunt may constantly and she isnt always getting herself into debt (yet)...now if only pete could stop bellyaching, things could pick back up....

You know what I think she needs to start doing? I know this may ruffle feathers, but, I think she would actually be more interesting if she started dating. She's around the age that it's not too old to look around for someone and, who knows, she may come across someone she can relate with or another villain that Peter can fight in the end. ;)

Yep, I think there needs to be more to her character than, say, Peter or MJ. An adult in the mix of teenage stuff seems as if she'll never grow up.

Goodwill said:
Yep, I think there needs to be more to her character than, say, Peter or MJ. An adult in the mix of teenage stuff seems as if she'll never grow up.

she will probably date again...but it wont stick, you dont even have to think about it to know that...

If May wasn't scared of Spider Man, I would think that she already knows. It would just make sense that she'd figure it out, but maybe be too scared to tell him that she knows. It was the same way with 616 MJ: when Peter told her he was Spider Man, she told him that she had suspected it for years.

moonmaster said:
If May wasn't scared of Spider Man, I would think that she already knows. It would just make sense that she'd figure it out, but maybe be too scared to tell him that she knows. It was the same way with 616 MJ: when Peter told her he was Spider Man, she told him that she had suspected it for years.

exactly....but she probably thinks pete is out making out with mj or doing "shenanigans" as opposed to being dressed up as the amazing spider-boy.

The Captain said:
exactly....but she probably thinks pete is out making out with mj or doing "shenanigans" as opposed to being dressed up as the amazing spider-boy.

Thing with that is she's a protective guardian and it would be within May's character to ask a lot of questions and not just be like oh, boys will be boys.

Biggest problem with this thread is I forgot everything has only taken place within 9 months

TheManWithoutFear said:
Biggest problem with this thread is I forgot everything has only taken place within 9 months

I was gonna say that.

Going a little off what Captain said - I think as long as May thinks Spider-Man is no good and continues to think highly of Peter, her mind won't ever let her make the connection.

UltimateE said:
Going a little off what Captain said - I think as long as May thinks Spider-Man is no good and continues to think highly of Peter, her mind won't ever let her make the connection.

Good stuff :D , i see the subnics are finally on. No offense but i thought neighbourhood was spelled "neighborhood". :roll:

Caduceus said:
Its in the Ultimate Spider-Man forum. Its the right place.
I think he ment the subnick comment.

Anyway, May did start socializing with Captain Stacy, remember? The last human being she tried to make contact with was murdered by Spider-Man. Her teenage newphew is rebelling at every turn, and her husband died less than a year ago. I think the womans doing fine for all that's happened to her.

man of the house

this was taken straight off the bendis board:
someone mentioned aunt may having a boyfriend, well here you go...

Will Ultimate May ever have a boyfriend in the book?

YES.

is aunt may in ult.spi ever going to get some ***?

YES.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back