Ultimate Black Widow info

compound

A thread for gathering any additional information about Ultimate Black Widow that was NOT disclosed within the pages of either Ultimates or Ultimate War.

Has there been any other info about this killer lady, other than her previous *achem* 'indiscretions' with Wolverine (as noted in the "Blockbuster" arc of UXM)?

This could also help to build a case against Natasha, for those who adamantly believe that she's the mole.

Last edited:
compound said:
A thread for gathering any additional information about Ultimate Black Widow that was NOT disclosed within the pages of either Ultimates or Ultimate War.

Has there been any other info about this killer lady, other than her previous *achem* 'indiscretions' with Wolverine (as noted in the "Blockbuster" arc of UXM)?

This could also help to build a case against Natasha, for those who adamantly believe that she's the mole.
She also appeared in UTMU. Is this thread really necessary? It seems like a waste of time and space, honestly. She appeared in something very close to her 616 spy role in UTMU, and had a three or four page appearance in UXM where we find out her and Logan shagged for five or seven days. And she doesn't have any info on the people hunting him. Is this really enough to justify its own thread? I don't personally think so, and so I think I'm gonna tag this for moderator review.

Yeah, this is a good thread. I'll look up the Ultimate Marvel Team-up issue she was in and see if there's anything relevant (there must be as Bendis said that it ties to the Ultimate conspiracy).

jtg3885 said:
Is this really enough to justify its own thread? I don't personally think so, and so I think I'm gonna tag this for moderator review.
Hm it's an attempt to canvas information about a character whose details have been scattered around multiple books, who seems connected not only to Ultimates, but the larger setting of the Ultimate Universe itself. Seems like a pretty damn useless thread. We should delete it.

Maybe we should actually discuss the matter instead of the name of the thread?

I thought it said in the UMTU issue the point of the issue was for Fury to notice her for the Ultimates?

I just read the Team-up issue after not reading it for a looong time. It seems that in this issue, Black Widow is just a spy - not a super spy. She's got none of the powers we've seen in The Ultimates so Fury must've given them to her after this issue.

Also, this issue has Black Widow spying on the Latverian embassy, getting info on Victor Von Doom (not Van Damme) - which doesn't fit into current Ultimate continuity. Basically, I'm thinking at some point in UFF (if not a mini-series of his own) Van Damme is going to take over his home country of Latveria and call himself "Doom". Or not. Depends on how the bigwigs want the cookies to crumble.

In any case, Black Widow was spying on Latveria, which makes me wonder if any of the information she's gleaned will be of use.

It's possible, that this was all a ruse so she'd get noticed by Fury so she could infiltrate the team - if she is indeed the Ultimates traitor.

Her 'super' abilities came from the Russians, she mentions in Ult. Nightmare that she was part of one of many Russian supersoldier programs. 4 that she knew about, I think.

Patriot said:
Maybe we should actually discuss the matter instead of the name of the thread?

:rockon:

Guijllons said:
Her 'super' abilities came from the Russians, she mentions in Ult. Nightmare that she was part of one of many Russian supersoldier programs. 4 that she knew about, I think.

Yet she doesn't have them nor display them prior to joining the Ultimates...

Streamlined continuity my ***. The continuity only makes sense within the new book, as soon as we crossover between Ultimate titles, it seems to be just as confusing as the regular Marvel universe.

Bass said:
It's possible, that this was all a ruse so she'd get noticed by Fury so she could infiltrate the team - if she is indeed the Ultimates traitor.

Yeah, I mean it was so out of left field. I read the Team-Ups after I read the trades. Fury just letting Widow on the team just like that was bizarre. It was the basis for the whole theory.

We've no choice but to take the team ups with a pinch of salt anyway, no point really worrying about the continuity, I mean, latveria was mentioned in a couple of stories.
Back to widow though, I don't think she has actually exhibited any superpowers anyway as such, other than being exceptionally good at what she does. So I don't think team-up really deviates that much at all.

It's never occurred to you that Fury was there to assist her because she was already part of the team? Like, maybe he got worried that she hadn't reported in and so they were going to break her out?

There's absolutely no indication in the issue that she wasn't already part of the Ultimates. She gets in trouble, breaks herself out, Spidey swings her up out of sight, and then she hops a helicopter back to the Triskelion.

jtg3885 said:
There's absolutely no indication in the issue that she wasn't already part of the Ultimates.

Except for the bits that indicate it.

Fury: "You've finally got all the money in the world and you're finally a free agent... what on earth are you doing sneaking around the Latverian embassy causing trouble?"

Widow: "Trying to pove myself... to you, General."

[snip]

Fury: "We need to have a talk."

While it's possible Widow was part of SHIELD and left (or was fired), it is indicated by the above dialogue that during the events of this issue, she is not part of SHIELD or the Ultimates.

If this is not the case, then this dialogue seems to be a charade for an unconscious, non-threatening Spider-Man, who can hear this over the helicoptor blades.

Bass said:
Except for the bits that indicate it.

Fury: "You've finally got all the money in the world and you're finally a free agent... what on earth are you doing sneaking around the Latverian embassy causing trouble?"

Widow: "Trying to pove myself... to you, General."

[snip]

Fury: "We need to have a talk."

While it's possible Widow was part of SHIELD and left (or was fired), it is indicated by the above dialogue that during the events of this issue, she is not part of SHIELD or the Ultimates.

If this is not the case, then this dialogue seems to be a charade for an unconscious, non-threatening Spider-Man, who can hear this over the helicoptor blades.

Yeah, I remember that. That's why I figured she wasn't on the team before hand.

Latest posts

Back