Ultimate Cap in the 616 universe

The Overlord

Just for fun: what would happen if Ultimate Cap was teleported to the 616 universe right after 616 Cap died? How would all the heroes and villains react to this new Cap?

Well first he'd scold all the super-heroes for all there cursing, and then be uncomfortable about how close a family the FF are

Just for fun: what would happen if Ultimate Cap was teleported to the 616 universe right after 616 Cap died? How would all the heroes and villains react to this new Cap?

Y'know - replacing dead Cap with alternate universe Cap would be such a crappy cop-out.

But making the alternate universe Cap ULTIMATE Cap suddenly gives it a weight of authenticity that's actually pretty damn cool.

I think it would make for a VERY cool 'What If...' issue, but PLEASE - erase this before Joe Q sees it! We all need to let Brubaker write the 616 Cap title until he's just a disembodied brain in a jar (of nanomonkies)!

I think it would make for a VERY cool 'What If...' issue, but PLEASE - erase this before Joe Q sees it! We all need to let Brubaker write the 616 Cap title until he's just a disembodied brain in a jar (of nanomonkies)!

Relax guy. Its just speculation. :wink: I'm not suggesting this as ongoing title or something.

Its interesting because 616 Cap and Ultimate Cap are very different in terms of personality. 616 Cap is more of a boyscout, but he is more independent minded, Ultimate Cap is more of mean streak, but he is less independently minded.

Plus the 616 universe is crazier than the UU, which would fun as well.

Last edited:
Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine...all engrossed in a big battle with the Skrulls.

Ultimate Cap comes in and machine-guns the crap out of all of the Skrulls and even shoots Logan a little bit for fun.

"What are you waiting for, ladies? Christmas?"

This is why UltiCap belongs in 616. To show the other 'heroes' how it's done.

Last edited:
This thread is more of a reason why I need to read the Ultimates.

So much comics to download, so little time.

I download comics to see if the series is worth pursuing. Then if I like what I see, I buy it.

I download comics to see if the series is worth pursuing. Then if I like what I see, I buy it.

So do I, and I actually spend more on comics now than when I *wasn't* downloading them.

So do I, and I actually spend more on comics now than when I *wasn't* downloading them.

Agreed with both of you. If I didn't download comics, I would still be reading the ****ty Ultimate Universe and would never have been introduced to such great comics by writers such as Brian K. Vaughan, Ed Brubaker, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Geoff Johns and Mark Millar.

Latest posts

Back