Ultimate Cap Series?

Would you rather have a Ultimate Captain America mini-series or ongoing series?

• Total voters
Man, I think an ongoing series would be great. You've already got a new template of a traditional character, albet a much tougher guy with a mean streak, a kind of early Clint Eastwood meets Marv. He could be developed in myriad ways, especially by other writers who want a crack at what Millar said he and Hitch consider their most fun character to write. And the whole super-serum saga lends itself to countless possibilities -- particularly a brand new take on how those chemicals react in the long term.

I've also got no problems with some chick becoming a Hawkeye-style archer. Although it'd be a nice touch if she also started carrying a flamethrower.

Patriot said:
By Rob Liefield

That's the kind of thing that would make me close the site and burn all my comics.

You can see it though........Ultimate Liefeld-bigger muscles,guns,breasts and bad guys galore(more Ultimizations a month than anyone else does in a year*gasp*)and as the man has been known to say:

"Who needs a plot?"

Patriot said:
You can see it though........Ultimate Liefeld-bigger muscles,guns,breasts and bad guys galore(more Ultimizations a month than anyone else does in a year*gasp*)and as the man has been known to say:

"Who needs a plot?"
I can......... :shock:

:( Now I'm scared. And sad.

I can't wait for Liefield then. :lol: I mean who buys comics for plot.
I think Ultimate Captain America should be a mini where he takes on the German super-soldier Red Skull that was helped created by the alien dudes. That his face is actually a burnet red skull. That would be awesome.

Well, first of all, I think that Captain America has something much more to him than what we've been given in the Ultimates. There's the whole "why did Steve Rogers want to become Captain America?", "What does he REALLY think he's done to the world... Help it or help to tear it apart?", and more interestingly, "How does Steve Rogers fit into contemporary America?" There's tons of stuff that have been left undone for this character and I think it's unfair to call him one-dimensional at this point because Millar has yet to do anything in-depth with his character. He's had to juggle between a pretty big roster (And counting now with the Union and the Defenders). So, given a shot, I'm willing to bet that he'd make more of a mini-series than Iron Man would, given what we've got for Tony Stark at this point. I totally agree with you, Houde.

Ultimate Houde said:
So I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think Cap is one dimensional

That's...complicated. He kind of is one-dimensional, but that is the point of his character, so it's not a bad thing. He was crated for an explicit purpose, and he follows that purpose no matter what the cost - seemingly even if he disagrees with it.

Part of that is seen in the first arc of Ultimates - they bring him back, and he has no family, no friends...there's nothing to expand his one-dimensionalism. He has nothing. His only purpose in life is to do what he was created for.

I think it's brilliant.

UltimateE said:
That's...complicated. He kind of is one-dimensional, but that is the point of his character, so it's not a bad thing. He was crated for an explicit purpose, and he follows that purpose no matter what the cost - seemingly even if he disagrees with it.

Part of that is seen in the first arc of Ultimates - they bring him back, and he has no family, no friends...there's nothing to expand his one-dimensionalism. He has nothing. His only purpose in life is to do what he was created for.

I think it's brilliant.

As do I,but he might start to change now that its hurting his life e.g. Ult2#4 dinner with the team vs Gail+Bucky

Latest posts

Back