Ultimate Captain America (Jason Aaron/Ron Garney)

thekendon

Its sounds a bit reminscent of the Ultimates Annual Millar did with Dillon. However, I do like the sound of this:

Jason Aaron said:
"To me, the big difference and what I like is that Ultimate Cap is a bit more of a jerk [than the original Captain America]. He's more hard-edged, which is a lot of fun to play with. He's still a hero at the end of the day; he's just narrow minded in terms of what America stands for. It's hard for a guy who's that time displaced to sort of catch up on what he missed. He's still very much a man out of time," Aaron explained. "This new story is about a character from the past who wants to educate Steve Rogers on what he feels Steve missed. Steve missed the Vietnam War. He missed Watergate. He missed how a whole generation of Americans were raised to mistrust the government. They felt betrayed by their government. This figure from the past shows up and wants to teach Cap all about that."

Sounds interesting.

This

"To me, the big difference and what I like is that Ultimate Cap is a bit more of a jerk [than the original Captain America]. He's more hard-edged, which is a lot of fun to play with. He's still a hero at the end of the day; he's just narrow minded in terms of what America stands for. It's hard for a guy who's that time displaced to sort of catch up on what he missed. He's still very much a man out of time," Aaron explained. "This new story is about a character from the past who wants to educate Steve Rogers on what he feels Steve missed. Steve missed the Vietnam War. He missed Watergate. He missed how a whole generation of Americans were raised to mistrust the government. They felt betrayed by their government. This figure from the past shows up and wants to teach Cap all about that."

...but more importantly, this

WolverineILoveComics-1.jpg

and this
KICK-WeaponX13.jpg

Jason Aaron writing Ultimate Cap is a ****ing splendid idea.

Last edited:
Imagine if Marvel had given the Ultimate Universe to Hickman and Aaron to play with instead of Loeb.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of us even suggested this. Marvel are behind.

I just hope he doesn't distill Ultimate Cap's personality down to "he's a jerk" to the point where he becomes a thug. Millar wrote a (surprisingly) nuanced Cap in The Ultimates, and I'm hoping for that.

Latest posts

Back