Ultimate captain America vs. Various 616 caps

The Overlord

How do you think Ultimate cap compares to various Caps from the 616 universe?

I think Ultimate Cap is more like USAgent than regular 616 Cap. They both are very conservative, ultimately good men, but a bit rough around the edges. Though Ultimate capo had fewer mental problems than USAgent.

I would say 616 cap is likely the most heroic out of the bunch, but still Ultimate cap and USAgent are way better caps than the grand Director, who is a monster.

616 Captain America is definitely the one most people could relate to, identify with and admire. He's a symbol of the good things America stands for, a man of the people and not just a tool of the government.

Ultimate Cap could meet that standard eventually, but he was thawed out after 60 years instead of 20, so he's still got a lot of things to come to terms with. His mentality is also 60+ years old, and thus a little easier to understand than someone like USAgent, who for all intents and purposes is a douchebag with a shield and some wings on his mask.

In summation, I would say that you could sit down and enjoy a few beers with 616 or Ultimate Cap, maybe have a decent conversation. USAgent is the guy who would down a few, then get pissed off because you disagree with him and break your jaw and flash his credentials to get out of it with no consequences.

See, that's something that never made sense to me. Steve was only what 25, tops, when he was frozen? Most writers seem to write him as if he were their 70 year old grandad. Seriously, my grandad told me Marine stories from when he was 19-25, I don't think cap would be as uptight as he comes across.

See, that's something that never made sense to me. Steve was only what 25, tops, when he was frozen? Most writers seem to write him as if he were their 70 year old grandad. Seriously, my grandad told me Marine stories from when he was 19-25, I don't think cap would be as uptight as he comes across.

I've always just assumed Steve Rogers was a tight-***, even to his contemporaries.

I've always just assumed Steve Rogers was a tight-***, even to his contemporaries.

But that's the thing, the old Lee/Kirby Cap stuff, he was more laid back when not on a mission. Now, when he was on a mission, he messed people up, but even then, he seemed to resent having to punish people. Kinda like, "Dammit, what are you jack offs making me hurt you for? It's not that hard to be a good person" while he was bouncing a shield off them.

But that's the thing, the old Lee/Kirby Cap stuff, he was more laid back when not on a mission. Now, when he was on a mission, he messed people up, but even then, he seemed to resent having to punish people. Kinda like, "Dammit, what are you jack offs making me hurt you for? It's not that hard to be a good person" while he was bouncing a shield off them.

Hah. See, I never read too much of the 616 Captain America. The whole premise always seemed rather cheesy to me.

I've always just assumed that anyone who's willing to let the government inject him with a drug that will mutate him into a muscle-bound career soldier for the rest of his life has to follow a pretty hard-line ideology.

and have a few screws loose

Edit: That said, if I had a drink with any of the Captain Americas, it would end up with me bleeding pretty bad.

Last edited:

That's the way I've always seen 616 Cap.

I would want to drink with 616 because he has way cooler stories under his belt than Ultimate.

"Son, let me tell you the time I had to take down Doctor Doom and Ultron while disarming a bomb strapped to Tigra."

Last edited:
Bucky seems to best drinking partner and enjoys a good Bar room brawl.

Hah. See, I never read too much of the 616 Captain America. The whole premise always seemed rather cheesy to me.

I've always just assumed that anyone who's willing to let the government inject him with a drug that will mutate him into a muscle-bound career soldier for the rest of his life has to follow a pretty hard-line ideology.

and have a few screws loose

Not really, you have to consider the times, with the Nazi juggernaut conquering most of Europe and imperial Japan doing the same in Asia, desperate times call desperate measures.

Is taking a the SS serum really that dangerous compared to all the other stuff an American soldier had to do during WWII?

Not really, you have to consider the times, with the Nazi juggernaut conquering most of Europe and imperial Japan doing the same in Asia, desperate times call desperate measures.

Is taking a the SS serum really that dangerous compared to all the other stuff an American soldier had to do during WWII?

There's a big difference between going abroad to do your duty for your country and completely derailing the direction of your life to let the government juice you with super-steroids.

There's a big difference between going abroad to do your duty for your country and completely derailing the direction of your life to let the government juice you with super-steroids.

Well Steve wasn't physically fit to serve his country. He felt utterly helpless so he volunteered to get the serum.

Well if you are doing something like storming Normandy, are saying you wouldn't want some advantage?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back