Ultimate Central III: The Legend of Doc Comic

Doc Comic

AKA "Seriously, This Is The Last Time I'll Take Center Stage"

All of the loose ends are tied up. Doc finds out everything, the ? ghost's identity is revealed, and Doc finally receives his powers. Everything is settled - let the war begin.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=g-PdRFnUWoc

NOTE: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AFTER YOU'VE SEEN THE FILM.

I consider this movie revolutionary. I had to think outside of the boxes to get the effects I needed. I made a custom backdrop to give the impression of the ghost actually being on-screen like a Star Trek communication link.

Don't even get me started on the flying. There are no wire rigs or anything in The Movies, so I had to think of how to get an actor to fly from scratch. Originally I was going to make it completely backdrops - you can see it for a split second in the final film - but it just didn't work. Back to the drawing board, I cheated a bit. I used ImageReady to make a GIF of Doc flying and then put it in using Movie Maker, right between the scene where Doc looks to the sky and when he comes down from a jump. Voila, instant flying. I'm pretty damn proud of myself from having to think of these things.

I consider this one my revolutionary magnum opus. Everything is experimental and never done before.

Intresting. Hopefuly you've learned alot about the making of movies on this program (It certainly seems like you did.)

I'm looking forward to your next piece.

And the planet Millar. That was good.

awesome.

i had no idea you could do that with the movies. i am so getting that game. you used microsoft windows movie maker 2? i looked up the 2 previous movies you made, and there really is a marked difference between each production...i especially loved the soundtrack, hehe.

:rockon:

thee great one said:
I liked it. It's like a ripoff of Superman, Matrix, and Star Wars.
There's a difference between "ripoff" and "parody." :D

I purposefully drew on those elements for an over-the-top parody of the whole sci-fi/action genre.

Doc Comic said:
There's a difference between "ripoff" and "parody." :D

I purposefully drew on those elements for an over-the-top parody of the whole sci-fi/action genre.

That's what I meant.:D

How long does it take you to make these?

icemastertron said:
Maybe you'll do a trilogy prequel.:wink:
Oh, you just want that because most people would be gone (noticably moi) and you'd have more screen time. ;)

Actually, I'll be continuing. I'm calling I - III "The Doc Comic Trilogy" and IV - VI will be "The Battlefield Trilogy." Perhaps after that I'll do a prequel trilogy, and it won't be ****ty, unlike Star Wars.

I'll hopefully have IV up by the end of the weekend. I'm calling it Ultimate Central IV: The First Shot. The tagline: "The savior has come. Let the war begin."

It took four hours to do III but that was because I was figuring out how to do Doc's flight through most of that.

Last edited:
Doc Comic said:
Oh, you just want that because most people would be gone (noticably moi) and you'd have more screen time. ;)

Actually, I'll be continuing. I'm calling I - III "The Doc Comic Trilogy" and IV - VI will be "The Battlefield Trilogy." Perhaps after that I'll do a prequel trilogy, and it won't be ****ty, unlike Star Wars.
Sweet.

I just got the game myself. Trying to learn the ropes.

DIrishB said:
This was awesome, Doc. Loved it. I liked how I was kicking your ***, then you managed to knock me out with a head-butt.
Yeah, I wanted it to be I was inexperienced and you knew how to kick ***, so I do something drastic to try and get away.

Latest posts

Back