Ultimate comics buying

Hello,
I've been reading these forums for quite some time and finally decided to register and post. I hope this hasn't been posted before but if it has, please forgive me :D
What Ultimate titles do you buy? And also, when alternate covers come out from time to time, do you get all the covers (for example when Ultimate Iron Man came out). Who all bought the USM arachno-man variant?
I personally buy every Ultimate title. I thought about trying to get the variant covers but I decided against spending all that money.
 

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
UltimateTiger said:
Hello,
I've been reading these forums for quite some time and finally decided to register and post. I hope this hasn't been posted before but if it has, please forgive me :D
What Ultimate titles do you buy? And also, when alternate covers come out from time to time, do you get all the covers (for example when Ultimate Iron Man came out). Who all bought the USM arachno-man variant?
I personally buy every Ultimate title. I thought about trying to get the variant covers but I decided against spending all that money.

Welcome welcome, said the bird to the tiger.

And don't worry about posting a repeat, at least you got it in the right forum :D I think :roll:

Also nice to see a new member with correct spelling and grammar. :D

Anywho, to answer your question, I considered getting the Arachnoman variant, but couldn't be bothered paying extra (pretty expensive anyway here in Europe). As for the covers, while I would have liked the Hitch cover for UIM #1, I doubt it would have improved the comic much....

I'm more of a reader than a collector.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
UltimateTiger said:
Hello,
I've been reading these forums for quite some time and finally decided to register and post. I hope this hasn't been posted before but if it has, please forgive me :D
What Ultimate titles do you buy? And also, when alternate covers come out from time to time, do you get all the covers (for example when Ultimate Iron Man came out). Who all bought the USM arachno-man variant?
I personally buy every Ultimate title. I thought about trying to get the variant covers but I decided against spending all that money.

Welcome! :D

Check out the new member intro thread in the Site News forum.

I also get every title - even the terrible ones like Ultimate Iron Man - and variants whenever possible. I do have the Arachnoman variant, the UIM #1 variants, the Ultimates 2 #1 B&W variant, etc. There are a few I don't have like the Ult. Spidey variant from early on - #3 I think - or the recent UXM Coipel variant (waaaaaay too much $).
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
:rockon::rockon::rockon: Welcome UltimateTiger!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Yeah, I collect all of the titles, but in trades. I do pick up issues that I think might not be in the trades, like the USM and Ultimates annuals, but don't usually by the comics each month. And no varients for me.
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
I get Ultimates monthly, Ultimate Nightmare in trade, Ultimate Secret monthly (though I wonder why at this point) and Ultimate Fantastic Four in trades. I WAS buying Ultimate Iron Man, but by issue #2, unlike Ultimate E and MWoF, I decided that such self-torture was unnecessary. I'm not a fan of X-Men or Spider-Man in the 616 universe and the concept of reading about their younger, whinier, more extreme selves appealed not at all. (It's a slow day and it's cold here; flames welcome....)

And the only variant cover I've ever bought in my entire LIFE was the Variant for Ultimates V2 #1, the B & W Hitch version.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Hi and welcome!

Remember my name, for I will guide through this tortured land onto greener pastures.

As for my reading habits:

I used to read Ultimate Spider-Man but dumped it, appropriately, with "Dumped".
I read Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Fantastic Four and while I enjoy them, I find them somewhat lacking, I read the issues and go, "This should've been better" - though they're fun - and the illustrations are awesome.
I read The Ultimates 2, but I'm getting wound up with it. It's taking too long and I'm sick of waiting for it. But it's the only comic that actually makes me tremble when I pick it up; I love it so.
I used to read Ultimate Iron Man but I wasn't enjoying it that much, thought it was dull, and I stopped with #2, I think. I forget because what happened was I just stopped buying it, no conscious decision, just realised that after a few months, I hadn't got the next issue.
I read the Ultimate Galactus trilogy, or at least, I WANT TO, but the thing doesn't actually ever come out.

So... yeah. That's my reading habits. They're awesome because I am.
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
Bass said:
I read The Ultimates 2, but I'm getting wound up with it. It's taking too long and I'm sick of waiting for it. But it's the only comic that actually makes me tremble when I pick it up; I love it so.

Well, you know, we COULD learn that "patience" thing and just pick up the TPB next June or July or whenever the hell the series finishes. Then we wouldn't stress so over the tense plot lines coupled with the bi-monthly schedule...

Just think... no Manifestos, no worry over exactly what that last shot of Fury's face MEANT, no wondering if the eye color change was a colorist's mistake or a deliberate clue. And no cake.

Or, ummm, not.
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I get them all in comic form but not variants. The only issues I'm missing to have the entire Ultimate Universe in the 1/2 issues.
 

Lithium

Well-Known Member
i got the UFF 21 variant, the UIM variants, and the copiel variant ( that one is freakin sweet!, and i got it for reg. price cause my comic shop is filled with idiots that can't read "variant/limited edition")
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Welcome.

I get everything in trade. Things that I either don't want to buy in trade, can't get, or can't be bothered I download.
 
yeah, the only ultimate comic I'm missing (besides variants which I don't really pick up) is the UXM #1/2. Anything interesting happen in it? For those of you get all the Ultimate titles, how often do you read through them?
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
I pick up Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four as singles. Compound collects Ultimate X-Men in trade format and we read off of each other. I plan to pick up the Galactus trilogy in trades, when money allows.

As for Ultimate Iron Man, I tried the first two issues as scans and nothing about the story convinces me that its worth paying money for and I continue to keep up with it on scans.
 

Hawkeye101

Well-Known Member
UltimateTiger said:
yeah, the only ultimate comic I'm missing (besides variants which I don't really pick up) is the UXM #1/2. Anything interesting happen in it? For those of you get all the Ultimate titles, how often do you read through them?

Hello, UltimateTiger.

I read ALL titles with 'Ultimate' pasted on the cover. Even if I don't like a particular story, I read it anyways for continuity. My Favorite is Ultimates/Ultimates 2. It's like a twenty-or-so page long orgasm. Ahhhhhhhhh. . .

Um, anyways, I thougght UXM 1/2 was Wanda and Pietro dealing with the death of their father.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Hawkeye101 said:
Hello, UltimateTiger.

I read ALL titles with 'Ultimate' pasted on the cover. Even if I don't like a particular story, I read it anyways for continuity. My Favorite is Ultimates/Ultimates 2. It's like a twenty-or-so page long orgasm. Ahhhhhhhhh. . .
I'll bet you're a speed-reader, you little bedroom quicksilver. :crazy:
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
I read Ultimates 2, Ultimate Fantastic Four, and Ultimate Secret all in single issues.

I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man since somewhere in the 20s (can't remember exactly what issue). I thought about starting again, but as of late I haven't heard many positive comments about it. I've barely read any Ultimate X-Men, and for some reason I have very little interest in it.

I don't usually buy variants, unless they're better than the normal cover and easily available. I'm not much of a collector.
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
moonmaster said:
I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man since somewhere in the 20s (can't remember exactly what issue). I thought about starting again, but as of late I haven't heard many positive comments about it.
Strange, because that's all I've heard of "Warriors".
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Pandrio said:
Strange, because that's all I've heard of "Warriors".

Yeah, lots of people here have been saying Warriors is the best arc in quite a while.
 

Hawkeye101

Well-Known Member
UltimateE said:
Yeah, lots of people here have been saying Warriors is the best arc in quite a while.

The cliff hanger alone at the end of the last issue was good enough alone to get you to read it. Man, it is awesome.
 

David Blue

Well-Known Member
UltimateTiger said:
What Ultimate titles do you buy? And also, when alternate covers come out from time to time, do you get all the covers (for example when Ultimate Iron Man came out). Who all bought the USM arachno-man variant?
I buy all Ultimate Fantastic Four paperbacks, and nothing else. I might upgrade to all hardbacks, but I want to feel confident that the series will have continuing quality before I do that. I have no interest in things like variant covers.
 
Top