Ultimate Comics Hawkeye

Me and some friends got drunk the other night and after they were talking about how lame Hawkeye is with his purple costume and other junk. I said they were all idiots, then proceeded to tell them about the time he was the ultimate bad ass and ripped his own fingernails off and killed the men who murdered his family. I converted them.

Last edited:
Me and some friends got drunk the other night and after they were talking about how lame Hawkeye is with his purple costume and other junk. I said they were all idiots, then proceeded to tell them about the time he was the ultimate bad ass and ripped his own fingernails off and killed the men who murdered his family. I converted them.

I love Hickman, but honestly I feel like between ^that and the death of his family in Ultimates 2...well, we've seen the most interesting stuff on him that we're going to see.

I guess they could touch on the pre-Ultimates stuff with Fury but I have a feeling it will read like Captain America (war flashbacks, etc.).

I shouldn't gripe. It's Hickman - I'm there. Here's to hoping he proves me wrong.

Who would be the villain in this mini? Ultimate Crossfire? Or perhaps Ultimate Oddball? :D:wink:

I hope it's a six issue mini series where he fights himself metaphorically. Ultimates 2 Hawkeye, armed only with his fingernails vs Ultimates 3 Hawkeye, armed only with his emotions.

I hope it's a six issue mini series where he fights himself metaphorically. Ultimates 2 Hawkeye, armed only with his fingernails vs Ultimates 3 Hawkeye, armed only with his emotions.

I hope he fights only using I Messages.

"When you ___, it makes me feel ______, so please _____."

I hope he fights only using I Messages.

"When you ___, it makes me feel ______, so please _____."

well, maybe eventually, but if he has that much mastery over his emotions from the first issue then there's no room for growth. Maybe after he goes ona journey to find himself in issue 3 and meets his spirit animal in issue 4 he can start to learn to focus what he's feeling into succinct statements like that.

Who would be the villain in this mini? Ultimate Crossfire? Or perhaps Ultimate Oddball? :D:wink:

Ultimate XORN!!!

No one is talking about this?!

I just had a Xorngasm!

Ultimate XORN!!!

No one is talking about this?!

I just had a Xorngasm!

I was so happy at that reveal. That's what ultimizations should be about. Taking a previous idea and doing it in another way that makes sense. Making the false-identity of Xorn that Magneto came up with a real person is one of the best ideas I've seen in the UU.

I also liked Xorn and Zorn, and I liked how this also became the UU of both the Celestials and the Eternals.

However, what I don't like is that it doesn't feel like the Ultimate Universe or the Marvel Universe. I feel like I'm reading Wildstorm. :(

Hickman's Ultimates stuff is pretty decent but like Bass said, it no longer even feels like the Ultimate Universe. Too much has changed and the tone is so completely different now... it just feels off.

I was so happy at that reveal. That's what ultimizations should be about. Taking a previous idea and doing it in another way that makes sense. Making the false-identity of Xorn that Magneto came up with a real person is one of the best ideas I've seen in the UU.

I also liked Xorn and Zorn, and I liked how this also became the UU of both the Celestials and the Eternals.

I would agree with this sentiment. Too many Ultimatizations have been either the exact same character as their 616 conter parts or taking really popular characters and making them different for different's sake (its part of the reason no one likes Ultimate Deadpool.) The Ultimate writers should take some B-list villains and give them some interesting twists to work in the UU, rather then trying to change around the same over exposed and popular villains and anti heroes from the 616 Universe. There is more wiggle room with less popular characters to change them around. That's what X-Men First Class did with Sebastian Shaw and what BTAS did Mr. Freeze and those adaptations worked well, they worked better then almost all of the Ultimate adaptions.

Last edited:

I agree. Ultimate Leader is the same way - that was a great Ultimization. That whole mini (Ultimate Human) is underrated.

It's a much more relevant Ultimization than having these cosmic races all over the place.

However, what I don't like is that it doesn't feel like the Ultimate Universe or the Marvel Universe. I feel like I'm reading Wildstorm. :(

I prefer that, actually.

Latest posts

Back