"Ultimate Comics"? Yeahbuhwhat?

E

Excelsior Club
Let me see if I'm getting this straight, because it doesn't seem to make any sense.

After Ultimatum, in which they will pay the Ultimate price for what they've done if you hadn't heard :roll:, the Ultimate line is being relaunched and retitled "Ultimate Comics"

Ultimate Spider-Man is restarting with a Vol. 2

Ultimates 4 and Ultimate Avengers is still on

So is Ultimate Comics just the name of the imprint? And if so, what is the point?

Or is there going to be one central book called "Ultimate Comics" which functions sort of like the old Amazing Fantasy book that had several stories in one issue (possibly containing Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men)?

Has there been confirmation that Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men have been canceled?

This is stupid; I don't understand the point other than to admit on some small scale that they realize the books totally blow right now and they're trying to make us forget while doing nothing to fix what sucks about them.

Instead of Reading "Marvel Comics" up on the page, It'll have its own new logo and then within the imprint it'll be Spider-Man, Avengers, and Ultimates.

*shrug* Its lame, but there have been lamer things in the Ultimate Universe.

Instead of Reading "Marvel Comics" up on the page, It'll have its own new logo and then within the imprint it'll be Spider-Man, Avengers, and Ultimates.

*shrug* Its lame, but there have been lamer things in the Ultimate Universe.

Exactly. like Vertigo, I guess. Except Vertigo Comics is awesome...

Ultimate Spider-Man is starting a second volume and will feature someone new in the costume.

Ultimates will continue to be written by Loeb and continue to blow.

Ultimate Avengers will be telling event stories twice a year.

And I think it's been confirmed that X-Men and FF won't be back.

Honestly, the whole premise sounds kind of ****ty.

Let me see if I'm getting this straight, because it doesn't seem to make any sense.

After Ultimatum, in which they will pay the Ultimate price for what they've done if you hadn't heard :roll:, the Ultimate line is being relaunched and retitled "Ultimate Comics"

Ultimate Spider-Man is restarting with a Vol. 2

Ultimates 4 and Ultimate Avengers is still on

So is Ultimate Comics just the name of the imprint? And if so, what is the point?

Or is there going to be one central book called "Ultimate Comics" which functions sort of like the old Amazing Fantasy book that had several stories in one issue (possibly containing Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men)?

Has there been confirmation that Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men have been canceled?

This is stupid; I don't understand the point other than to admit on some small scale that they realize the books totally blow right now and they're trying to make us forget while doing nothing to fix what sucks about them.

These are my questions also, and I too have read all of the 'releases' - my 'ultimate question', though, is:

If you had confidence in a 'line' of comics, wouldn't you advertise clearly?

Marvel isn't being vague because they don't want to give away Ultimatum points - they probably just don't think this is quality stuff, and figure that this will hook/re-hook consumers longer than if they just continued with the current crap.

I assume the restart/not restart argument was closely akin to:

"I'm on the toilet, and things started to go smoothly at first, but now there are some problems. Do I just stay here for a continuous 'event' or do I leave now, only to come back and begin again in the very near future?"

Ultimatum is a very uncomfortable, and I suspect, unsuccessful, wipe. I'm going to suggest that you don't buy the paper.

Last edited:
Exactly. like Vertigo, I guess. Except Vertigo Comics is awesome...

Ultimate Spider-Man is starting a second volume and will feature someone new in the costume.

Ultimates will continue to be written by Loeb and continue to blow.

Ultimate Avengers will be telling event stories twice a year.

And I think it's been confirmed that X-Men and FF won't be back.

Honestly, the whole premise sounds kind of ****ty.
Everything the Big Two have announced lately has sounded kind of ****ty.

It looks like he will be dead.

Dead! :(:please: I haven't got the last couple of TPB's but i loved ultimate Spider-man all the way through (even ones others considered bad). Sounds to be like they just ****ed it up.

The new Spider-Man is an overweight Korean woman in her forties.

This was hilariously perfect - both because it was so economical, AND because I picture it as Jeph Loeb's answer after being sent to a month-long retreat by Marvel with the sole purpose of 'finding Ultimate Spider-man's essence'

These are my questions also, and I too have read all of the 'releases' - my 'ultimate question', though, is:

If you had confidence in a 'line' of comics, wouldn't you advertise clearly?

Marvel isn't being vague because they don't want to give away Ultimatum points - they probably just don't think this is quality stuff, and figure that this will hook/re-hook consumers longer than if they just continued with the current crap.

I assume the restart/not restart argument was closely akin to:

"I'm on the toilet, and things started to go smoothly at first, but now there are some problems. Do I just stay here for a continuous 'event' or do I leave now, only to come back and begin again in the very near future?"

Ultimatum is a very uncomfortable, and I suspect, unsuccessful, wipe. I'm going to suggest that you don't buy the paper.

That is a brilliant comparison.

I'm with Mole - I totally missed any announcement or even insinuation that Peter would not be back. When was this said? I mean I know the last 2 issues of USM are supposed to be about JJJ paying tribute to Spider-Man - is that were this is coming from?

They never said specifically that he was dead or would not come back. Just a bunch of tease/hype about Ultimatum and "ZOMG WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO PETER PARKER?!? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!!!!!1111".

We just know that someone else is going to be Spider-Man in the start of volume 2. But seriously, would they ever actually kill Peter? Never forget: "Dead means dormant."

Latest posts

Back