Ultimate Daredevil is Not Going to Happen Any Time Soon

This wasnt just mentioned in Newsarama, this has been said for a good long time, too. There is a thread for this somewhere. For now, Im locking this up.

Joe Q has said no to a UDD ongoing.

For those who don't know me, I'm Jay Searzy from USM #82 letter page issue, and more importantly USM #98 letter page. I'm the one who asks about a UDD ongoing, and loves Brooks art.
I really think UDD can be a great book. It has been said that DD is sort of already an Ultimized character (in regular U), that's why they won't give him an Ultimate ongoing.
I truly believe that Daredevil can be an amazing Ultimate book. His rogues can really use some Ultimizing.
The only thing I don't like about UDD is that he seems really old. I know Lawyers aren't teens, but I think he should be around a fresh new Lawyer age. OR he can even be still in Law school, like in the mini series.
I really liked the mini series that were UDD books, and I would like to them continue.
So my question is: Do you think DD deserves his own Ultimate ongoing? OR is it just me?

Last edited:
Re: Joe Q has said no to a UDD ongoing.

It's not needed, and I don't really want to see it.

And I say this as a big DD fan. It's one of my favorite books. But I think they've already dropped the ball on the character. No sense making things worse.

Do we already have a thread for this?

Sorry, I deleted my other question because it is in another fan's thread.
Question was: Don't you think Mark Brooks should be Mark Bagley's sucessor for USM.
After all, I said it in USM 98!

searzy said:
Sorry, I deleted my other question because it is in another fan's thread.

No worries - if someone can direct me to it we'll just merge the threads.

Let's keep this one about Ultimate DD for now.

I agree.
I really want to know what fans, Ultimate fans really think Daredevil deserves an Ultimate ongoing.

I dig Daredevil alot, but he really doesn't need an Ultiamte Ongoing. Hell, he doesn't even need a second ongoing in the Mravel U. He's the perfect one book with occasional mini (like redemption) character.

Baxter said:
I dig Daredevil alot, but he really doesn't need an Ultiamte Ongoing. Hell, he doesn't even need a second ongoing in the Mravel U. He's the perfect one book with occasional mini (like redemption) character.

Exactly. They handle him perfectly with an EXCELLENT ongoing, and minis here and there. I'm glad they aren't overdoing it.

Man, I blind man can't get no love!
Daredevil NEEDS to be refreshed! My preference of course is in an Ultimate book.
I'm pretty sure Ultimate Marvel could Purple Man, Stilt Man, Owl, and who everelse WAY better.
But I do admit that I don't believe a UDD book would rack up major sales.

searzy said:
Daredevil NEEDS to be refreshed! My preference of course is in an Ultimate book.
I'm pretty sure Ultimate Marvel could Purple Man, Stilt Man, Owl, and who everelse WAY better.
i would love to see Purple Man intro'd in a Ult Cage mini.

searzy said:

What do you mean, he needs to get refreshed? His 616 book has been amazing for a long time now.

And while Ultimate Daredevil is cool, and I really do dig him, I think he only works in small doses. He has sort of a "I'm the goddamn Batman!" thing going on.

I think he could have a good ultimazation, but it seems like they already, as E says, dropped the ball. I haven't read the minis but it seems like he's not really different from 616, I mean even his costume looks the same, which sucks cause theyh could of made something really could and natural. The UU should be more about the characters and bringing and new and interesting twist and bringing it into todays world. I didnt like how he was in the annual, seems a little too "happy-go-lucky" than his more gritty adittude in UXM Blockbuster arc. I wouldn't mind an Ultimate Knights with him as more of a leader role. But a UDD ongoing just would seem that original.

Isn't the Ultimate line all about re-freshing?
That's the whole point of the UU isn't it?
The line is supossed to be a place where younger people can enjoy stories, without having to know 40 plus years of history.
After all after 40 plus years, they start running out of new stories. What's up with Gwen's kids in ASM?

So then Daredevil can't be an Ultimate ongoing?
What about Ultimate fans who can'tget enough DD in Ultimate books?
Is he reduced to just guest-starring roles?

Latest posts

Back