Ultimate DD & Elektra TPB. (spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Ok, I looked through 8 pages of this forum and didn't see a thread for this. So, here goes.

Just yesterday I finally found a good copy of the TPB, and bought it. Finished it not too long ago, and I thought it was really good. I liked the art, mainly becuase Salvador Larrocca is an awesome artist. But the story over all was good. And I liked the tension between Matt and Elektra at the end. I definetly want...no NEED a mini that happens in current time with Daredevil and Elektra. No past stories, none of that. A story thats puts them against each other, fighting for whatever reason. Something that would have a good revelation at the end.

icemastertron said:
Ok, I looked through 8 pages of this forum and didn't see a thread for this. So, here goes.

Just yesterday I finally found a good copy of the TPB, and bought it. Finished it not too long ago, and I thought it was really good. I liked the art, mainly becuase Salvador Larrocca is an awesome artist. But the story over all was good. And I liked the tension between Matt and Elektra at the end. I definetly want...no NEED a mini that happens in current time with Daredevil and Elektra. No past stories, none of that. A story thats puts them against each other, fighting for whatever reason. Something that would have a good revelation at the end.

I wasn't super-impressed with this series, nor the Ultimate Elektra follow-up, but they were ok. I definitly agree about another DD (with or without Elektra) mini, whether it takes place in the past or the present (I'd like to see DD finally start wearing the devil costume and why). I know MWoF would agree about another Ultimate DD story.

DIrishB said:
I wasn't super-impressed with this series, nor the Ultimate Elektra follow-up, but they were ok. I definitly agree about another DD (with or without Elektra) mini, whether it takes place in the past or the present (I'd like to see DD finally start wearing the devil costume and why). I know MWoF would agree about another Ultimate DD story.
I'd rather have it in the present. Already two minis with them, and its in the past. No more past now. Like that old saying, "There's no time like the present." :wink:

icemastertron said:
I'd rather have it in the present. Already two minis with them, and its in the past. No more past now. Like that old saying, "There's no time like the present." :wink:

Yeah but I'd like to see some more evolution of DD as a character, which they could do with a story set in the present, but like I said I'd like to see why he chooses the Daredevil persona/costume, his motivations, etc, and the only likely way of doing that is to set it in the past.

Well, if her Cats & Kings appearance is one of her first jobs, then how the hell does she show up in stuff like the Super Special #1?

I remember saying this before, but I thought it was pretty good too. People have complained about it because nothing happens in it. I think it's good if you take it at face value - it's not meant to have any earth-shattering, universe-changing events...it's just a simple story.

UltimateE said:
I remember saying this before, but I thought it was pretty good too. People have complained about it because nothing happens in it. I think it's good if you take it at face value - it's not meant to have any earth-shattering, universe-changing events...it's just a simple story.
Exactly why I liked it so much and fell in love with the Daredevil character. Anyway, I'm sure most people would rather not take the Daredevil/Elektra road again. But I'm sorry to say that they have history and their next encounter (hopefully a story in the present) will have some of that tension. Interesting because Elektra has clearly chosen the dark side and I'd like to see a follow up on what Matt thinks about this.

As for the UDD origin. Yeah, I'd like and am waiting for that too. The next Daredevil/Elektra will probably take place in USM because Bendis said a Daredevil story is coming eventually.

On my TPB, it says Vol. 1 on the spine, so I guess Marvel intends to do more Daredevil and Elektra Minis.
Hopefully they will put the focus on DD instead of Elektra.
Devil's Due didn't have a number on it.

i liked this, it was a pretty well writen and the art work was good to match. i felt that was pretty cool way to show how they choose there paths.

I've been thinking about it, and I'd like to see two more Ultimate DD minis at least. The first I would like to see set in the past, just as Matt and Foggy are establishing themselves as lawyers (and possibly setting up their own firm). I would also like to see Matt's decision to wear the Devil costume, and learn more about his early life: like how he got his powers, what happened to his parents (are they dead, alive? Was his father killed like in the 616 version and is this what motivates him to become a vigilante?), etc. Elektra shouldn't be in that one, as I want it to focus on Matt/Daredevil alone (since he took the back seat to Elektra in the two previous minis) and his character evolution.

The second one I'd like to see would be set in the present, or at least sometime after the Cats & Kings arc, and could co-star Elektra. I liked Ice's and MWoF's ideas about the struggle between Matt and Elektra being examined more, especially since they probably haven't seen each other in awhile. The reunion would be bitter-sweet to say the least once Matt learns about her employer. This would also set up nicely a DD/Kinpin arch-enemy plot, with Elektra caught in the middle. It would also be interesting to see a more expanded view on Matt's opinion of Spider-Man, the X-Men, and the Ultimates. We already know what he thinks of Spidey, but what about the rest of the heroes? I'm sure eventually we'll see another DD mini, I just want it to be sooner rather than later. Perhaps once Ultimates 2 finishes (or maybe after Ultimates 3, though not sure if that will be a limited or ongoing series) and people are clamoring for more series set in the Ultimate universe. I just hope we don't have to wait too long.

Latest posts

Back