Ultimate E will like this a lot...

They don't read comic books, they read Wizard Magazine! Or at least the publishers think they do. Either way the result is the same. For all the disgust you'll hear about Wizard and its shoddy practices when you talk to publishers and marketing folks—and I have yet to hear a single good word from anybody about this thing that ought to come on a roll—for all of that, the publishers kow-tow. Even though this tree killer here regularly cheapens and poisons our field. Aesthetically and ethically, they grovel.

Even though this monthly vulgarity [rips off front cover] reinforces all the prejudice people hold about comics [rips out pages] they cry to all the world that we're as cheap and stupid and trashy as they think we are, we sponsor this assault. We pay for the goddamn privilege. But really, when will we finally get around to flushing this thing, this load of crap, once and for all [tosses torn magazine into a trash can onstage. Applause].

And when are we going to finally realize what we've got? Just look at the candidates for these awards that are coming up. Free minds, free hands, producing work that no committee could come up with, no development executive could allow, no focus group could approve. Minds like Harvey Kurtzman's alive now and working. Look at what we've got. What we have in our little field—and it's little, but it's smart, damn smart—what we have is magic. Magic that certain people are eager to bottle. Deal with them then, if you wish, but don't look up at them. Look down. And be certain of this, our field will pull out of this slump and won't be Hollywood that'll rescue us. And it ain't gonna be the internet either, it'll be the books. It'll be the comic books.Ladies and gentlemen, the Harvey Awards.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, good stuff by Miller. I pretty much despise Wizard. Although I wonder if he was watching PulpFiction the night before.

"And I will strike down, with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my industry! And you will know my name as Frank Miller.... when I tear your s***ty rag to pieces..."

RIP RIP RIP TEAR RIP TEAR!

Trauma said:
Wow, good stuff by Miller. I pretty much despise Wizard. Although I wonder if he was watching PulpFiction the night before.

"And I will strike down, with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my industry! And you will know my name as Frank Miller.... when I tear your s***ty rag to pieces..."

:lol: Ha!

I suspect you'll find that most people here feel pretty similar about Wizard.

thee great one said:
I like it. Expect when they ruin things I haven't read yet like Colossus' return. :shifty:
Most of that isnt their fault. It's not their fault that their issue gets released when a comic is supposed to come out, as in both on the same day, but the comic gets delayed.

(I.e. Like when people where mad at them when they said in an article about Wanda being the 'traitor'. The issue came out when Avengers was suppossed to come out, the issue where it was revealed to be Wanda, but it was delayed.)

Guijllons said:
Not only do I feel the same about Wizard, but also the film studios, and also the general public.
I feel the same way about computer and console gamers and gaming magazines in general. But that's neither here nor there, which is why I've never really make an issue out of it on the video game discussions.

Trauma said:

:lol:

Latest posts

Back