Ultimate Fantastic Four # 17 discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Best issue this week. Wow WOW WOW!!

Loved every bit of it.

Reed survives useing his head again and Ben just survives because he's the toughest MFer there is. ALL ACTION and Loved every single bit of it. Can't wait for the conclusion.

okay, he survives what? and what does ben do exactly? who were they fighting, etc.....and what of johnny storm???

If you are hyping this up to make me go back to the comic shop and i find out its crap, im going to reduce your credibility on story judgement in my book...
(not that you care :wink: )

The Captain said:
okay, he survives what? and what does ben do exactly? who were they fighting, etc.....and what of johnny storm???

If you are hyping this up to make me go back to the comic shop and i find out its crap, im going to reduce your credibility on story judgement in my book...
(not that you care :wink: )

I don't. :twisted: (Care)

Um... I'm no good at storytelling, I'll leave it up to someone else. But I wasn't a big fan of the last issue but loved this issue. I suggest the trades when they come out.

he survives what?
Ultimate Annihilus blew up their helmuts so they're exposed to the N-Zone's atmosphere, which is no good for them.

and what does ben do exactly?
Turns out Ben's Lungs function differently now and he can withstand the "acid air"

who were they fighting,
Annihilus and his cronies (Jawas)

No etc...

and what of johnny storm???
Johnny has apparently "burned himself out". His cell structure can't handle his mutation and they have to get back to the real dimension to help him fast or he's dying. This will be concluded next issue.

sounds definately worth a flip through, ill go back and look at it, i forgot to get the new wizard......you can be member of the week in my book if this issue is as promising as you say.... :wink:

The Captain said:
sounds definately worth a flip through, ill go back and look at it, i forgot to get the new wizard......you can be member of the week in my book if this issue is as promising as you say.... :wink:

Very cool of you. I also recommend Hulk but you're not quite at a jump on point. Then again I'm as confused as I was when I read the first issue of the arc...

i respect peter davids work on captain marvel.....but hulk is just not a character i feel for...im sure the stories are great and would result in 1000s of dollars of back issue expenses...but i cant relate to the character at all....same purple pants after all of these years....like he couldnt just wear blue jeans or black pants....the guy is a monster not a hero in my eyes.....but oh well..

I got this in an email from hulk shortly after typing this..

"HULK SMASH PUNY CAPTAIN!! BUY BOOK OR I BONK BENDIS!!!"

This was most certainly a great issue! Mwof, I immediately thought "Jawas!" when reading that part. Man, this issue was good! Ellis sure knows how to write a cliffhanger, especially in this and last issue. This was way better than USM 75, IMO.

This was a pretty good issue. Loved how Reed used his own hand to stretch out over the hole in his helmet to seal it. Also liked how Ben was immune to the poisonous air. And I thought Ben going buck wild on Annihilus's *** was also great. Looks like a few of the N-zone inhabitants might follow the F4 back to Earth through the portal next issue. I haven't been super impressed with this arc, but every issue has at least been decent. Gotta give Ellis credit for staying consistent.

Thing was the MAN of this issue! I totally love him, how he acted and all. We FINALLY got the cloberring time line, and how he ripped Nihil's wing off....damn, that was cool!

fantastic

wow. along with the action and the jokes, the art was amazing. it took a while to get through this book because I kept on re-examining each panel for some new detail and/or just to marvel at what was on the page.

and I loved the team dynamics. ben doing the heavy lifting, reed with the science, sue with the force fields. oh man, if only Torch wasn't affected by the N-Zone. he would have showed those Jawa-like goons what a real plama blast feels like.

gotta go. I am going to read this one again.

The Captain said:
i dont really read this book, but im curious about whats going on with the N-zone and all the rumors i hear. Someone gladly spoil me on this one!!

You started a spoiler discussion thread without any idea what was going on in the arc? :sure:

Pretty good issue, but the gem was when Ben ripped off Annhilus's wing. I love stuff like that - similar to when Doc Oc ripped Peter's tooth out. It's a major moment without resorting to 1990's radical character changes.

Aside from that - eh. I like last issue a lot and it was great to see Ben going off, but pretty blah otherwise. Maybe I just need to reread it.

this is my fav ultimate issue out this year, and best UFF in my opinion, the violence, was just a beauty, just love the way the artist draws bens strength and humor.

The amount of fantastic turns this has. And so many comic ones.

My personal favourite. As Thing comes up to Nihil to beat him:

Annihilus: "Beat me? I am Nihil Caste! I am bred to punish! No child can harm me!"

Thing: "Hey. Flappy boy. You blew up the translator thing. I got no idea what you just said. But I tell you... they better have been last words."

I love this book.

Latest posts

Back