Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 Preview at Buzzscope

Hideous cover. Probably the worst ultimate cover (exluding the Family Jewels series on Spidey) I've seen.

Female villain...Sage I'd think would be an X-men character. I'm not really an FF guru but surely they've had some kind of smart female villain before.

My money's on Strange Josie and her Stealth Corset for sure.

I think the cover is cool... The interaction between the image and all the text is neat to see.

Guys, check the pages out... The villain's a chick! I was thinking Ultimate Sage, but who knows? Just be sure to get back to me on your thoughts!

Yeah, I really only said Sage because the lady read like she was a computer. She had a very mechanical way of speaking. I'm sure the Fantastic Four fought a woman before, too, but none come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodwill said:
I think the cover is cool... The interaction between the image and all the text is neat to see.

Yeah, I really only said Sage because the lady read like she was a computer. She had a very mechanical way of speaking. I'm sure the Fantastic Four fought a woman before, too, but none come to mind.

I'm looking up possible female villains now, if you go here http://www.anzwers.org/free/pier4/vile.html they have a list of the rogues gallery of the FF4.

MaxwellSmart said:
Is there a new artist for UFF, because art looks completely different.

Yup. It's Jae Lee.

I dont really like the art, but I cant wait to read this. It's going to be interesting to see who's behind this.

Goodwill said:
I think the text interaction is lame. Text interaction covers have been done fairly often enough and in a much better fashion in the past forty years of Marvel comics.

I think I've said this elsewhere already, but allow me to reiterate the fact that this is one of the few times Bryan Hitch's art looks like crap.

that cover rocks. awesome stuff. looking foward to the villian. can't wait to check out the gams on that broad. :)

I wish the UFF would get more love. but it seems X-Men and Spidey get the lion's share of the attention from fans. oh well.

Wamu said:
that cover rocks. awesome stuff. looking foward to the villian. can't wait to check out the gams on that broad. :)

I wish the UFF would get more love. but it seems X-Men and Spidey get the lion's share of the attention from fans. oh well.

I know what you mean, I personally don't follow X-men anymore because I don't like the changing roster and I think there are too many of them. I've always preferred the FF4.

Yeah, I didn't really like the interior work... There's not that much detail in anyone but the Thing, which kind of bugs me, but the coloring was cool and the way the villainess was drawn was cool, I guess. We'll have to see if it improves throughout the issue. We haven't seen much of it.

Does this issue come out this week?

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I didn't really like the interior work...
I agree with you there. I like the FF looking the way they looked in the first issues. Not as big a fan of this either. Plot looks pretty interesting but art's about blegh on a scale of one to ten.

Awesome, this should be a good deal... It's too bad this arc kinda got glazed over because Millar's stuff is so huge.

Caduceus said:
I agree with you there. I like the FF looking the way they looked in the first issues. Not as big a fan of this either. Plot looks pretty interesting but art's about blegh on a scale of one to ten.

Jae Lee's work is an aquired taste, no doubt. I didn't like it before I read Sentry, and for some reason it fit perfectly. Before that I wouldn't have liked him on UFF, but it should be decent at worst.

Well, from what I've seen, I'm not impressed. However, I do believe there's potential. This sounds similar to what E said, only he likes it and all... We'll have to see when the issue comes out. I really can't wait to see more of Greg Land's interiors!

UltimateE said:
Jae Lee's work is an aquired taste, no doubt. I didn't like it before I read Sentry, and for some reason it fit perfectly. Before that I wouldn't have liked him on UFF, but it should be decent at worst.
That wouldn't surprise me but I'm particularly attached to the UFF. I LIKED the way they were and it'll take getting used to. It's not really the quality of the art I'm disputing but the change.

Latest posts

Back