Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 Preview at Buzzscope

Bass said:
Jae Lee rocks. He did great work with the FF in "Fantastic Four: 1 2 3 4".
Agree. That stuff was just plain awesome.

But for some reason these scans just look blah. I think it's because the coloring is woefully underdone, but perhaps I just have to wait and see what it looks like on paper. I mean the 6-page previews of Ultimates that Newsarama gives us every now and then look like crap.

I have to agree with THEApostle. This definatly looks like a girl Mad Thinker. Mad Thinker was a brillant mathman, he would calculate evrything every obstacle and then attack. He would pinpoint how long it would take to take down a foe. He was a freaky kind of guy.

Ultxon said:
I have to agree with THEApostle. This definatly looks like a girl Mad Thinker. Mad Thinker was a brillant mathman, he would calculate evrything every obstacle and then attack. He would pinpoint how long it would take to take down a foe. He was a freaky kind of guy.
I dont think it'll be a girl. There havent been any gender changes, and I dont think they'll start that in the Ult. Verse.

WAIT!

What if it IS Mad Thinker? But he's just using a robot or something? I've seen him use robots and do his work from other places. This could be a situation like that.

That was lame. I'm glad Millar's coming up.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think you're wrong. I don't see why they wouldn't especially with the weak rogue list FF has.
As much as this is still comics, I doubt they'll do sex changes. Race is one thing, but changing they're sex? No way.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Why not? Whose gonna get mad that the MAD THINKER is now a woman. No one even knew who he was to begin with.
What does having not people know about him have to do with anything?

Like I said, as much as this is still comics, I doubt they'll be any sex changes. Making another Mad Thinker or whoever is one thing. Changing they're sex is another story. It won't happen.

icemastertron said:
You've only seen TWO PAGES!!! :roll:

And those two pages were lame. The rest of the issue better be good, but I can't see it being great.

And it's true. Waiting for Millar's run is like waiting for Christmas morning when you're a young'in. And I have to wait for the trades. :(

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think you're wrong. I don't see why they wouldn't especially with the weak rogue list FF has.
The FF villains are definitely in need of some serious ultimization and a gender change wouldn't be too out there at all, I think.

I'm not in favor of them, but when it's going to be a small villain (Like any besides Doom in the Fantastic Four lore) I don't think I would mind it too much. Normally, I think they would be messing around too much with the story they're basing it off of - 616.

icemastertron said:
What does having not people know about him have to do with anything?

Like I said, as much as this is still comics, I doubt they'll be any sex changes. Making another Mad Thinker or whoever is one thing. Changing they're sex is another story. It won't happen.
I agree. I seriously doubt Marvel would assign a gender change to their characters, even if they don't really seem to have a serious reason NOT to do so. But on the other hand, I'm not opposed to a gender change either.

What would a gender change do to help a character? That's the only question that can't be answered. That kind of thing is pointless.

Latest posts

Back