Ultimate Fantastic Four #30 Variant revealed.

the watcher

Previously labeled as 'Top Secret', the Zombified cover of Fantastic Four #1 has been revealed by SilverBulletComics.com as a variant version to Ultimate Fantastic Four #30.

The new Sudyam zombie cover revealed on Marvel.com last week is finally ready to be announced as a variant cover to Ultimate Fantastic Four #30. A second variant cover along with a Sketch Variant of Greg Land's cover, this new Suydam variant is a zombiefied take on the classic Fantastic Four #1 cover.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #30 kicks off "Frightful," which will not only feature the return of Dr. Doom and the debut of the Ultimate Frightful Four, but the zombie FF escape from their prison in the Baxter Building. All this, and Johnny Storm gets some devastating news.

ffzomweb.jpg

Read the rest by clicking on the link above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing this is the tie-in? If it is, it's a lame one at that.

I don't get it.

It's an interesting cover. I just have no idea what it means, or what it's alluding to, other than the zombie portrayal of the UFF. Is this supposed to be special because it's also a variant of Fantastic Four #1?

Is it just me or does anyone else also see, that if that is Susan Richards on top of the monster there, she does not at all look Zombified o_O? Does that seem right at all?:?

Last edited:
ultimatesentry said:
Is it just me or does anyone else also see, that if that is Susan Richards on top of the monster there, she does not at all look Zombified o_O? Does that seem right at all?:?

Who says it is even Sue Storm at all???

Maybe Zombie Sue is in invisible mode on the cover & the woman in the hands of the zombie is some random victim.

The cover is paying homage to the original cover to Fantastic Four #1:

CLICK HERE TO SEE

Have they shown the other two covers yet or just this variant one? Any word on if any of these are not 1:1? As a rule, I only buy one issue so I tend to pick whichever cover looks best to me and leave it at that... and personally, 1:10 or higher ratio covers don't interest me much...

Cool. That original cover looks mighty fine to me as does the FF1 zombified one. Be a tough choice come the day. I bet that zombified cover is going to be a higher ratio one though...

dont see how marvel zombies #5 tied into UFF unless somehow the zombies storyline takes place centuries ago and gah lak tus is the result of hundreds of years of zombie galactus evolution. nontheless, the frightful four arc looks to be one of the best on UFF so far. looking forward to the return of doom.

Rorschach said:
dont see how marvel zombies #5 tied into UFF unless somehow the zombies storyline takes place centuries ago and gah lak tus is the result of hundreds of years of zombie galactus evolution.
That would be interesting, but since Marvel Zombies already spun out of the Crossover UFF arc, it won't be the case. I also think the tie in was supposed to link directly into UFF.

Last edited:
Pandrio said:
I also think the tie in was supposed to link directly into UFF.
I don't think so. Kirkman somewhere said he'd been given free reign to do what he wants with MZ and then when he told Millar how he was gonna end it, Millar came up with a way to somehow tie it to Frightful.

vintsukka said:
I don't think so. Kirkman somewhere said he'd been given free reign to do what he wants with MZ and then when he told Millar how he was gonna end it, Millar came up with a way to somehow tie it to Frightful.
That's what I meant, if the two series do tie in again at the end, it will be with UFF specifically rather than somewhere in the UU, like Extinction which I think Rorschach was implying with the Galactus mention.

Latest posts

Back