Ultimate Fantastic Four #31 gets a variant cover

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
3,012
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
From Newsarama:

The Marvel Zombie train continues to roll along as the return of the zombie Fantastic Four in the pages of Ultimate Fantastic Four #30 has driven fans into a feeding-frenzy for the issue and its Arthur Suydam zombie-variant. In fact, it’s been devoured to the point that Ultimate Fantastic Four #30 has completely sold out at Diamond.

The zombie-action doesn’t stop there as Arthur Suydam will be providing another zombie-variant for Ultimate Fantastic Four #31 as Mark Millar and Greg Land near the end of their landmark run on Ultimate Fantastic Four. Suydam latest zombie remake is of the classic cover from Fantastic Four #51.


Click the link above to read the whole article.

 
Last edited:

jtg3885

Banned
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
2,940
Location
Connecticut
Ice said:
Variant cover looks ok. Not likin' much how Sue looks like. Much prefer the variant for #30.
It makes me think of a coked-up Courtney Love.

Then again, I don't think they make any other kind of Courtney Love...
 

Dancanread

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
1,638
all my comic stores were charging like $15 and up for the variant. i'd wanted it, but not that badly. :furious:
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Don't knock the variants, guys. They are perfect for small shops to get some bonus cash.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
E said:
Don't knock the variants, guys. They are perfect for small shops to get some bonus cash.
Sure, as in why variants are good, but that doesn't mean we can't say that we don't like HOW they look.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Ice said:
Sure, as in why variants are good, but that doesn't mean we can't say that we don't like HOW they look.

No no no - I was talking about the people complaining about the prices. Which, yeah, they are a lot and that sucks for completists, but talking with my LCS, they are a godsend.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
E said:
No no no - I was talking about the people complaining about the prices. Which, yeah, they are a lot and that sucks for completists, but talking with my LCS, they are a godsend.
Oh- woops. Didn't see that post.
 

MaxwellSmart

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,335
Location
SoCal
I haven't known anyone who buys variant cover at these exploited prices. I've had it happen where my local shop won't even get a variant because they can't afford to pay for it and then have to sell it.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
MaxwellSmart said:
I haven't known anyone who buys variant cover at these exploited prices.
I bought one for $25 that E got for me... :oops:

But, he also got me another one for $5, so it basically worked out like $15 a peice, which I don't consider a bad price for a variant.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
MaxwellSmart said:
I haven't known anyone who buys variant cover at these exploited prices. I've had it happen where my local shop won't even get a variant because they can't afford to pay for it and then have to sell it.

They're out there. My shop puts variants on eBay...I'd imagine many do the same, and they go for a little less than these prices suggest.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Even the variants couldn't save Ultimate Iron Man from sucking.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Patriot Mk2 said:
That had variants?!
Where were you? There were 2 variants for #1. There was the regular Tony Stark machine head cover, and the Bryan Hitch Iron Man suit armor, then the sketch cover of the regular cover.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Ice said:
Where were you? There were 2 variants for #1. There was the regular Tony Stark machine head cover, and the Bryan Hitch Iron Man suit armor, then the sketch cover of the regular cover.

And the Hitch cover was a foil. I think it was foil anyway. It was shiny in any event.

Best part of the series, sadly.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
E said:
And the Hitch cover was a foil. I think it was foil anyway. It was shiny in any event.

Best part of the series, sadly.
I haven't checked again, but I believe both Hitch and Andy's were foil.
 

Latest posts

Top