Ultimate Fantastic Four #33 Discussion

Victor Von Doom said:
One example - chatty "merc with the mouth" in the hands of "King of Chat". And what did we get? :wink:
Did you guys really think Deadpool was that bad? His costume was awesome but I do think he will turn good in the future. This will prbably happen when a mutant or Spidey saves him from something.

Anyway I like Ferry's art, especially after the new guys arrived.

Thor said:
Did you guys really think Deadpool was that bad? His costume was awesome but I do think he will turn good in the future. This will prbably happen when a mutant or Spidey saves him from something.

That's a discussion for a whole other thread on a whole other forum............like say---this one.

Thor said:
Anyway I like Ferry's art, especially after the new guys arrived.

The one thing I liked about the art was that it looks like a mixture of Kubert/Immonen. That me likey. But they have to work on their inking and coloring.

I'm still trying to remain optimistic about Carey. I don't think he;ll hit his stride until the next arc.

Ferry's art was good. Xept he can't draw good lookin chicks (Sue) for ****. But I didn't mind it. I served a guy (at work) who was reading this issue and talked a bit. I'm pretty ready for this new team and arc. I'm looking forward to it.

And not a Deadpool discussion. Not even a bit.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ferry's art was good. Xept he can't draw good lookin chicks (Sue) for ****.
I want to see Land draw the new people! He could make pink and blue alien women look great. Except I hated Johnny's haircut....

Last edited:
Thor said:
Well you are gonna have to let him go man. Give Carey another shot because Ronan and Thanos are coming. How can that go wrong?

Don't challenge them.

E said:
Once again I must be the lone dissenter.

1/5.

It couldn't have been more uninteresting if it had tried. The art was bad (particularly Sue, but Johnny looked stupid).

If I had more time I'd elaborate more.

I miss Millar.

I agree. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Although it may just be me coming down from the awesomeness of Frightful....
I didn't like the art either.

E said:
Once again I must be the lone dissenter.

1/5.

It couldn't have been more uninteresting if it had tried. The art was bad (particularly Sue, but Johnny looked stupid).
I 100% agrees!
I don't really like cosmic stories and this did NOTHING to change my opinion about that.

Ultimate Warrior said:
I 100% agrees!
I don't really like cosmic stories and this did NOTHING to change my opinion about that.
How does one issue even qualify as a story? So far it looks pretty good and I want to see what happens next.

Thor said:
How does one issue even qualify as a story? So far it looks pretty good and I want to see what happens next.
It doesn't. I said that I don't like cosmic stories. Not that I didn't like THIS cosmic story. But this first issue did nothing to prove me wrong or change my mind about the concept of cosmic stories. I don't know if the whole story will but so far No.

Ultimate Warrior said:
It doesn't. I said that I don't like cosmic stories. Not that I didn't like THIS cosmic story. But this first issue did nothing to prove me wrong or change my mind about the concept of cosmic stories. I don't know if the whole story will but so far No.
I see. Well its ok, your mind will be changed once Ronan and Thanos come in!

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:
I 100% agrees!

If you don't like cosmic stories, why are you reading Fantastic Four?

That's like saying "I don't like stories about guys who dress up as bats and fight crime. Jeez. I sure wish they'd tell some interesting stories tailored towards me in Batman".

Zombipanda said:

That's like saying "I don't like stories about guys who dress up as bats and fight crime. Jeez. I sure wish they'd tell some interesting stories tailored towards me in Batman".

Moleman, Dr. Doom, Mad Thinker, Frightful Four, Puppet Master and Wizard.
There is more then Galactus and company in the FF world, that's why I read it.
Having said that, I hate cosmic stories too.

Zombipanda said:

Well...
Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Moleman, Dr. Doom, Mad Thinker, Frightful Four, Puppet Master and Wizard.
There is more then Galactus and company in the FF world, that's why I read it.
What he said :)

But I have to say that Ultimate Fantastic Four is the only FF that I read and from what I have read in interviews and such the cosmic element in UFF might be the the ongoing theme in the future so it's possible I might drop this book. I have thought about it.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Well...

What he said :)

But I have to say that Ultimate Fantastic Four is the only FF that I read and from what I have read in interviews and such the cosmic element in UFF might be the the ongoing theme in the future so it's possible I might drop this book. I have thought about it.

I just started reading FF 616 cause of the Civil War, and I may drop UFF if cosmic stays as the main theme.

I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. I loved the art, the dialogue, and especially the intriguing and powerful new characters. I know some people may not like "cosmic" themes, but I've always enjoyed them, so I'm loving this.
4.5/5

Volunteer Fire Detective said:
I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. I loved the art, the dialogue, and especially the intriguing and powerful new characters. I know some people may not like "cosmic" themes, but I've always enjoyed them, so I'm loving this.
4.5/5

I would really hate for this to turn into a "I like cosmic themes so this is cool" vs. "Cosmic?! WTF!?!" type of deal. UFF is what it is. Millar made things a bit too Fantastic and now there's no turning back from that. The story, regardless of "cosmic" (which I don't even consider it so far) is good based off of the characterizations and little plot that's been revealed.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I would really hate for this to turn into a "I like cosmic themes so this is cool" vs. "Cosmic?! WTF!?!" type of deal. UFF is what it is. Millar made things a bit too Fantastic and now there's no turning back from that. The story, regardless of "cosmic" (which I don't even consider it so far) is good based off of the characterizations and little plot that's been revealed.
I think we got the whole cosmic vs. anti-cosmic argument when this story line was announced.

P.S. Cosmic sucks.

i dont know? #34 comes out on the 20th (of Sept.) and i think that Carey is leading us to a big bang of sorts with this cosmic. Most of #33 was character development of all the new cosmic characters and #34 & 35 will be the revealing of bigger characters and where this is going until boom Thanos tries to kill everyone (kidding i don't know what is to come). A slow start to a hopeful cosmic ending. JUST NO MORE MAD THINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

Ronan and Thanos. Two words that will make this arc come alive for the non-Cosmic people.

Latest posts

Back